Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA has completely changed my flight routing - advice on how to approach?

AA has completely changed my flight routing - advice on how to approach?

Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: AA EXP
Just to clarify, that looks like a US Airways itinerary, not an AA itinerary, in the OP. Was it as US Airways mistake fare?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
It was originally booked through AA.com. I took the screenshot from US Airways because it wasn't pulling up on AA.com
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I also bought a few of these fares back in May when they came out, 5 total. They are all for 2015 travel and will certainly help out for next years status qualification. Throughout the time, I've had some schedule changes, nothing major. However, one in particular gave me a very tight connection. I've had it corrected, but one thing I noticed in the process is that AA will not change the int'l portion, which is on US, to its own metal. I figured that between the time I bought the tickets and fly, there will be some schedule changes and I can call an change to a better schedule, well, so far, the 3 times I've tried, I have been turned down to switch the ORD-PHL-LHR on US to a ORD-LHR on AA. No big deal, at what I paid its not bad and not complaining.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Anyway I just got off the phone with a kind of clueless rep that took 15 minutes to tell me that all of my flights are fine and still in order even though the VIE-ZRH leg isn't showing up for me, but it is for her. I asked her to send me the itenirary by email which she said she'd do, but it hasn't shown up in the 30 minutes since we hung up. Looks like a HUCA and hope for a better agent.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Oct 17, 2014 at 8:19 am
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Ready2Go
1:20 is ridiculously tight to connect from domestic to TATL at PHL? Not saying you are wrong - I've only done it once. But I'm a little surprised.
You did not read what I wrote. The issue has nothing to do with the connection time at PHL, but rather the fact that the NYC-PHL flights are routinely delayed/cancelled. If the flight is on time, it's doable. If it's delayed more than a few minutes, there will be a misconnect and the reroutes are unpleasant at best.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
AA isn't going to give the OP a free change on the outbound...only the return. (I'm assuming that only the return was auto-rebooked.)

Especially on a peak travel day. Honestly, the best defense against having this whole thing going pear-shaped is being in NYC early enough that day to react if LGA is having WX/ATC issues - either with an earlier flight or a train to Philly. (Obviously you'd need to be "officially" delayed and communicate with AA before you took a train to Philly...)
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Success, they re-consolidated everything under one record locator so now I can see it.

Thanks everybody!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.