Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Questions benefits executive platinum (whilst flying US)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Do I have any executive platinum benefits flying Us airways like complementary meal or upgrades?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Yes. On U.S. air in coach... Only snack item. No buy on board meal. Upgrade at check in only. Can waitlist at airport
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Good luck with the snack item, I've had zero luck on US as a AA ExPlat. Three times I've asked for a free snack, each time I get the 'those aren't the rules on US Air' treatment. I've tried to argue the point, but it looks stupid for start an argument over an airline snack.

randidliyo
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by randidliyo
Good luck with the snack item, I've had zero luck on US as a AA ExPlat. Three times I've asked for a free snack, each time I get the 'those aren't the rules on US Air' treatment. I've tried to argue the point, but it looks stupid for start an argument over an airline snack.

randidliyo
The FA on a US RJ flight last week gave me a complimentary cocktail last week (2 bottles actually!), I was in the exit row... I rarely fly US so it surprised me. When I asked how much he told me they were on the house.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG PLT, Marriott Gold
I echo the sentiment on the “good luck with the meal” comment. It is variable at best. I had one flight where they proactively gave me a piece of paper where the FA wrote his name and “free drink.” On another, nothing. I didn’t ask, as I didn’t really like what they had anyway, and I didn’t feel like debating the matter.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I've had zero luck getting any kind of snacks/drinks on the Cactus with my EXP card. Granted, I've only flown a handful of rather short flights on US this year. I'm usually told that this policy has not been extended to US Airways yet. Personally, I question whether or not it will ever be extended to US.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
In theory, you should get snacks on board as EXP. I think this benefit was only recently published a couple of days ago(?correct me if I'm wrong)
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by jona970318
In theory, you should get snacks on board as EXP. I think this benefit was only recently published a couple of days ago(?correct me if I'm wrong)
You are correct. EXP and CP elites just started getting free snacks and a complimentary beverage on US Airways operated flights as of October 1, 2014.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by iAdam
You are correct. EXP and CP elites just started getting free snacks and a complimentary beverage on US Airways operated flights as of October 1, 2014.
That's what I heard. Due to the ORD mess, I was rerouted onto US. On my Sept 27 US flight I inquired about discount or free for EXP, and F/A said they heard some thing would be implemented Oct 1.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:07 pm

Is this documented anywhere? I imagine a printout from the US website would help with the FAs.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Bttc
Is this documented anywhere? I imagine a printout from the US website would help with the FAs.
It's on both AA and US.com
Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star
US: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...chairmans.html

AA: http://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/m...p#addlBenefits (scroll all the way down)
Old Oct 6, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by jona970318
It's on both AA and US.com
I must be blind, but I see no reference that EXP get free snack/drink on US Air mainline, however, it does mention that CP gets it on US & AA.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
Comp. snack and drink

You have to dig for a bit, but it's there.

There's also language (somewhere) pointing out different snack offerings on US v. AA. On AA, it's pretty generous, on US, it's only a "snack", not any offering on the menu.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/el...fits-chart.jsp

AAdvantage elite status member benefits for travel on US Airways
Effective January 7, 2014

Benefits Executive Platinum Platinum Gold
Elite status bonus miles 100% 100% 25%
Minimum mileage guarantee
Upgrades on eligible US Airways flights, when available, at check-in
First/Business class check-in
Priority through security
Priority boarding
Priority baggage delivery
Complimentary access to Preferred seats
Complimentary checked bags (3) (2*) (1)
Move Up fee waiver (similar to American's Same Day Confirmed Flight Change)
Complimentary snack and alcoholic beverage in the Main Cabin
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by randidliyo

randidliyo
Asked about it today on US Express, FA wouldn't budge. She said I was the second person who asked today, and that I should contact customer service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.