Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Y earning on LA and JJ - which one works better for AA EXP ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Y earning on LA and JJ - which one works better for AA EXP ?

I have to fly GRU-->SCL in Y. , but the C prices are obscene on my dates.

I'm not very familiar with Y earning on AAdvantage, hope someone can help me here.

I can ticket this in "Q" on LA or in "V" on JJ.

LA "Q" earns 25% and JJ "V" earns 100% on AA, as far as I can see. But LA earns 100% EXP bonus and JJ earns no EXP bonus.

If I understand it correctly, EXP bonus is given on flown miles, so I would end up with 125% on LA and only 100% on JJ.

Or am I reading this wrong ?

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Elite status miles are based on the BASE miles, not FLOWN miles. So you'll effectively get 0.5x on LA Q and 1.0x on JJ.

Remember that elite bonus does not count for status qualification. So if that is important to you, you'll get 0.25 EQM and 0.125 EQP (!) on LA, and 1.0 EQM and 1.0 EQP on JJ.

Either way, it seems JJ is better.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by jridge
Elite status miles are based on the BASE miles, not FLOWN miles. So you'll effectively get 0.5x on LA Q and 1.0x on JJ.

Remember that elite bonus does not count for status qualification. So if that is important to you, you'll get 0.25 EQM and 0.125 EQP (!) on LA, and 1.0 EQM and 1.0 EQP on JJ.

Either way, it seems JJ is better.
Excellent explanation, thank you ^

I'll ticket my flight as JJ.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled PLEASE READ ME BEFORE POSTING! Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum!. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.