Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAA 763 / 767-300 Economy / coach Row 17 crew rest "superseat" (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAA 763 / 767-300 Economy / coach Row 17 crew rest "superseat" (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:53 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
And now that the OP has been referred to the consolidated thread on this topic, we'll go ahead and fold this in to join its brethren. /Moderator
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
any idea what's going on with this 763 seatmap?

It appears to be offering up 17D as a business class seat...

Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by logicalrealist

That would be interesting, since there are no row in the middle section. What date?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by logicalrealist
Cue the rumors of the new AA downgrading J
Old Feb 2, 2014, 12:25 pm

Does anyone have a photo of this seat? I know one existed a long time ago, on other forums, not sure if it still exists tho.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mvoight
That would be interesting, since there are no row in the middle section. What date?
4 Feb. It appears to be back to normal now.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
its REALLY big.. (that's what she said)

Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Flying aa2420 lax-dfw tomorrow at 6am. Previously had 20A, requested upgrade didn't go through at 24 hours (PLT) so I took a look to see if a better MCE opened up due to someone else upgrading. No dice on the MCE 22 hours out, but 14 hours before the flight I looked again and 17AB both available to be selected through iPhone app. Now hoping I don't get the upgrade and also that I don't get bumped from these seats. If I get bumped ill report back.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: AA: EXP Hilton: Gold, SPG: Gold, Hyatt: Plat
Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
Flying aa2420 lax-dfw tomorrow at 6am. Previously had 20A, requested upgrade didn't go through at 24 hours (PLT) so I took a look to see if a better MCE opened up due to someone else upgrading. No dice on the MCE 22 hours out, but 14 hours before the flight I looked again and 17AB both available to be selected through iPhone app. Now hoping I don't get the upgrade and also that I don't get bumped from these seats. If I get bumped ill report back.
How did it go?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by lax555
How did it go?
So, they upgraded me like 20 minutes before the flight. Was in AC and they printed out a boarding pass for me 45 minutes before flight showing 17A as my seat. When i got to the gate 20 minutes before flight they scanned it and stopped me, saying someone else's name was showing up for that seat. She walks over to the other GA who hands me a seat for 5J upgrade. Interestingly, I had called approximately 10 hours before the flight to remove myself from the upgrade list, and was told by the person on the PLT phone line that she had removed my request to be upgraded. I haven't checked to see if stickers were taken from my account or not. I didn't really want to use the stickers once I was confirmed in 17A. Someone apparently flew in 17A, but I didn't wander back to see if it was another regular passenger or if it was a crew member or something.

Edit: Ha, i went to check my 500 mile upgrade balance and there is an error message that it is not currently available.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
Edit: Ha, i went to check my 500 mile upgrade balance and there is an error message that it is not currently available.
Well known bug. You'll have to call to find out your balance.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Madison Guy
Well known bug. You'll have to call to find out your balance.
iOS app showing it. doesnt show deducted today but does it maybe take a day to reflect?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by unclemasa
We were on HNL-DFW AA8 yesterday. (7.5 Gate to Gate time)

The AAngels at HNL informed us that policy has recently changed (union was brought up) and they are no longer able to assign Row 17 from the club. It has to be assigned by the GA. In the past they were able to do T-24hours.

I was also clued in that the seats won't be given to PAX unless the flight is completely full (as ours was).
This is the official policy, but it all depends on which agent you get. I'll happily open row 17 for a friendly passenger on a lightly loaded flight, generally trying to keep half the seats blocked as a courtesy to the FAs.

The way the 763 seat map is loaded, the seat is Z-blocked and can be opened by any airport agent as T-24 hours, but many gate agents take all of the Z-blocked seats under their control (appearing as T on the seat map) so they can have greater flexibility with reseating. I would probably do the same if I was a gate agent.

I had an equipment sub from a 757 to a 763 on my DFW-MIA flight last week, and the ticket agent at PHX was able to assign me 17J.

I don't know why a union would be brought up since AA's reservations and airport agents are non-unionized and voted the CWA down in December 2012.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
I don't know why a union would be brought up since AA's reservations and airport agents are non-unionized and voted the CWA down in December 2012.
I'm assuming they were talking about the FA unions.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Just taking off. Picked 17A,B,H,J + Row 21

First time i pick the whole row! I am 100% success on these , think have picked 20+ of these. Non stat. Thanks AA!

Not sure , if this thread is still alive, but updating for the tradition. To SFO !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.