Search

Is there a use fee for CTO?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2003, 12:39 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Is there a use fee for CTO?

I just spoke with the AA Awards desk and they told me if I issue a 1SEP CX award at the CTO, it will cost $75 but no charge if done on the phone. Misinformed agent or policy?
Old Aug 1, 2003, 2:09 pm

Not sure about your particular situation, but the AA CTO in Washington charges $10 per ticket transaction (i.e, I paid $10 total for two tickets). Just paid it on Tuesday. Don't know if the fee applies to tickets issued at the airport or not.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I've had numerous first class award tickets and RTWs reissued at both the Park Avenue and Columbus Circle CTOs in NYC and have never been charged a transaction fee, although they do have signs indicating that there is a $10 fee.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jmiyazawa:
Not sure about your particular situation, but the AA CTO in Washington charges $10 per ticket transaction (i.e, I paid $10 total for two tickets). Just paid it on Tuesday. Don't know if the fee applies to tickets issued at the airport or not.</font>
It used to be $5 per transaction. I wonder when that changed. No faster way to run people away from the CTOs than to charge for them. Ridiculous.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by seawolf:
I just spoke with the AA Awards desk and they told me if I issue a 1SEP CX award at the CTO, it will cost $75 but no charge if done on the phone. Misinformed agent or policy?</font>
The $75 policy applies to award tickets. There are no charges if you ticket a revenue ticket at the airport or CTO (now a nominal charge).
Old Aug 1, 2003, 4:10 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Timely question.

I just used the CTO on Columbus circle in Manhattan. I had some vouchers that were expiring. They indeed charged me the $10 transaction for issuing my tickets.

I really do believe AA is nickel and diming itself into bankruptcy. I understand that I could've gone to the airport to purchase the tickets but really, why would anyone in their right minds do this unless they happened to be flying somewhere?

Old Aug 1, 2003, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rubbernyc:
Timely question.

I just used the CTO on Columbus circle in Manhattan. I had some vouchers that were expiring. They indeed charged me the $10 transaction for issuing my tickets.

I really do believe AA is nickel and diming itself into bankruptcy. I understand that I could've gone to the airport to purchase the tickets but really, why would anyone in their right minds do this unless they happened to be flying somewhere?

</font>
Not to mention that the airport AAgents are not experts in ticketing. Try to get a five continent, twenty-eight segment handwritten ticket reissued at the airport.

Six full hours of fun!
Old Aug 1, 2003, 5:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by seawolf:
I just spoke with the AA Awards desk and they told me if I issue a 1SEP CX award at the CTO, it will cost $75 but no charge if done on the phone. Misinformed agent or policy?</font>
that's the "instant ticketing" charge for 2-hour service of award requests. if you ask on the phone you're getting "regular" 21-day service and the confirmation turns up in snailmail in due course.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PresRDC:
Not to mention that the airport AAgents are not experts in ticketing...</font>
I had to reticket a CX F award ticket so I did it last week at LAX. I had all dates changed, flights confirmed. The airport agent only needed to literally "print" the tickets.

It took him over an hour to do so....... I nearly missed my flight too.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 8:10 pm

Agree that although there is a $10 fee for using the CTO, it is worth it for the fact that these are expert agents at ticketing. Last year I had a date change on the last segment of an award ticket. Just needed a new ticket since it was a paper ticket. Went to the airport at DCA on a slow Sunday at 6PM. It took over 30 minutes since none of the agents were familiar with a oneworld paper ticket. And there is less hassle at the CTO compared to the airport. Those who can use CTO's, please do so. Otherwise the remaining ones will all disappear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.