Wiki Posts
Search

US Upgrades & PHX baggage connection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
US Upgrades & PHX baggage connection

As we know, AA elites can now get upgrades when flying US operated routes. I've read the threads, but I'm a little confused.

What is the best way to request these? Check in at T-24 on the dot, or anytime?
Should I check in via the AA app, US app, or something else?

Also, I have a tight connection in PHX (flt 2838/586, 22:05-22:45) - I've never done PHX before, but looking at the maps, I am not worried about me making it at all. Baggage is another question - at DFW I know it would make it, but at PHX should I be concerned about this?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: US Chairman, M&M FTL
I would not worry about the luggage Of course, there can be no guarantees but these late banks of flights get a lot of the connecting traffic so the airport is pretty used to getting luggage moved fast.

For the upgrades - if they are available, it is a first come, first served basis. So the sooner you check in, the better chance you stand to get one. If you are not upgraded at check in, you may want to monitor availability after that... And you can checkin anyway you want - it needs to be a US interface (I think that the AA app cannot checkin for US flights).
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Thanks. Just not familiar with PHX is all, I know DFW can handle quick connects like that.

I'll check in at T-24 on the dot with the US app and hope for the best. Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Thanks. Just not familiar with PHX is all, I know DFW can handle quick connects like that.

I'll check in at T-24 on the dot with the US app and hope for the best. Thanks for the info.
I do 40 minutes connections at PHX every week. It's easier than at DFW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.