Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F Award Availabilty DFW-CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 3:42 am
Original Poster

F Award Availabilty DFW-CDG

I don't know if this is old news or not - if so move on, throw this thread on the trash heap

I have read a lot of comments here about lack of trans-Atlantic premium award availability on AA- operated flights - there seems to be almost daily availability in First on AA from Aug 19 CDG-DFW

Last edited by 3544quebec; Jun 22, 2014 at 3:57 am
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:19 am
Suspended

I wouldn't call it "old news" in any way, shape or form!

In fact, I'd call it "pretty amazing" and, even "possibly a glitch" based on recent patterns, etc.

As such, I'd call it an "amazing discovery that people should act on quickly"!
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Likely not a mistake. DFW-CDG is AA's only flight with F service. All other flights are J only. And then the 772 for DFW-CDG is being reconfigured to J only, so CDG is not going to be an F destination. Not sure of the schedule for 772 conversion to CDG.

Could be you book F but drop to J if you get a converted aircraft and I assume associated mileage refund.

The old configuration is still 16 F, versus AA's new 77W's which only have 8 F - so a big surplus of F seats to a J only market.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cova
Likely not a mistake. DFW-CDG is AA's only flight with F service. All other flights are J only. And then the 772 for DFW-CDG is being reconfigured to J only, so CDG is not going to be an F destination. Not sure of the schedule for 772 conversion to CDG.

Could be you book F but drop to J if you get a converted aircraft and I assume associated mileage refund.

The old configuration is still 16 F, versus AA's new 77W's which only have 8 F - so a big surplus of F seats to a J only market.
The 772's by the latest reports-- which have proved to be credible on other counts-- are not even starting to go in until October, so no immediately evident effect on this situation.

As well, since J TATL milesAAver awards are so incredibly hard to get, I'd strongly urge anyone looking in that time period to book one of these F awards and "work it out later" if the route is made 2-class and or 2-class served by 3-cabin (even better), etc. Refund of mileage difference in all eventualities if flown in J regardless.

Although I agree, no way to know for sure if it's glitch or not, for sure, if one -isn't- holding a premium cabin award, one isn't anywhere near (by factors of 100's) to have this kind of access to same w/o taking advantage of this. There's most certainly no simultaneous opening of business milesAAver tix for that (or any) period, that's for sure.

So, even if you're theory is correct-- in part or in full-- not a reason -not- to grab these, -nor- a reason, I'd suggest, to assume that it will go on indefinitely.

And, if this was weekend schedule-change related in any way...... ALL the more so.

Last edited by JonNYC; Jun 22, 2014 at 9:04 am
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Last day of saver award availability for 2 this year (and next) seems to be 10/24. After that, no F anytime awards either.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by beachfan
...After that, no F anytime awards either.
That definitely "seems like a sign"
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:54 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
They did this in November with Dfw-Cdg and Mad. I know because I was able to book 4 F seats on my dates to Mad and back. Posting from Barcelona as I type this on those tickets.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JonNYC
The 772's by the latest reports-- which have proved to be credible on other counts-- are not even starting to go in until October, so no immediately evident effect on this situation.
Well, scratch that part of the rumor:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23077711-post857.html
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA LT Plt, , UAL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Thanks for posting this. Grabbed two seats in September. Even if we end up in J on a reconfigured plane, this was a great find given recent award availability.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by glnsf
Thanks for posting this. Grabbed two seats in September. Even if we end up in J on a reconfigured plane, this was a great find given recent award availability.
^^
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: aa exp, ihg plat amb
Yay! Had an October flight on hold from LHR, connecting in Manchester, that I really didn't like. I've been searching for days for something better. I managed to get one of these connecting in CDG.
This will be my first international flight in FC (hopefully)
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
Last day of saver award availability for 2 this year (and next) seems to be 10/24. After that, no F anytime awards either.
No F after 10/24 because the aircraft changes from a 772 to a 763.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:29 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by abk
They did this in November with Dfw-Cdg and Mad. I know because I was able to book 4 F seats on my dates to Mad and back. Posting from Barcelona as I type this on those tickets.
Same here, am using CDG-DFW and DFW-MAD in August, two seats each, all booked when the 772 was loaded onto this route and it went Z7 across the board.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:41 am

nice!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Love this.

Just rebooked LAX-ORD-LHR-CDG to LAX-DFW-CDG in F. Also got to move up the reservation by a day, which worked out better for me. So happy to avoid Heathrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.