Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Feel free to report your celebrity sightings on American Airlines / Eagle, the Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge or the AA airport concourse areas here. (Please moderate your comments - offensive or other comments that do not fit the FlyerTalk TOS will be deleted.)

The archived 2000 - 2012 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived 2013 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

/American AAdvantage Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

AA Celebrity Sightings and Related as of 2014 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PHTX855
Does Doug Parker count as an AA Celebrity? Was in First with me yesterday on the 2:15 flight from BNA to DFW. Which also happened to delay for MX for a little over an hour. Hope Doug didn't miss any important meetings as a result.
In my opinion, he absolutely does NOT count as a celebrity. I also find it interesting that he was in front, especially if there was anyone on the upgrade list, such as a paying customer, who did not get upgraded.

But then, thanks to all those e-mails the of his the DOJ released, we know what he thinks of the paying customers/self-loading freight
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Kim Cattrall in 1F (or whatever the window seat on the 32B is) on the LAX-JFK redeye a few weeks back. She really tried to keep her face covered or down coming to and from the lav. No one likes a redeye...
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AA ExP
Rep. Kay Granger (R-TX 12th) DFW-DCA AA1404, three rows back.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat Admirals Club HHonors GLD
Gabrielle Giffords and Mark Kelly in LAX AC. Assuming they're on us scare to phx
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by txrus
In my opinion, he absolutely does NOT count as a celebrity. I also find it interesting that he was in front, especially if there was anyone on the upgrade list, such as a paying customer, who did not get upgraded.
+1. It'd be very interesting to see the UG list for that flight...

Dougie doesn't mind an A321 with a 16F cabin as long as he has a seat up front
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
On AA1600 right now in 1st with Gov. Bill Richardson.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by brewdog11
+1. It'd be very interesting to see the UG list for that flight...

Dougie doesn't mind an A321 with a 16F cabin as long as he has a seat up front
When traveling for business us pays for that seat for accounting reasons. As CEO I'm sure he's entitled for paid f. Doug his wife and family were on my flight phx to hnl 3 years ago and they were all in coach.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Melissa Rivers & son + two assistants all in F today from LAX to JFK. She was going to NYC to see her mother (Joan Rivers) who suffered a medical emergency at a New York hospital today. Saw her in the FSL at LAX and she was understandably upset.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:14 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
Melissa Rivers & son + two assistants all in F today from LAX to JFK. She was going to NYC to see her mother (Joan Rivers) who suffered a medical emergency at a New York hospital today. Saw her in the FSL at LAX and she was understandably upset.
I was so sorry to hear of Joan River's illness today. I think she is a wonderful person, and am praying for her a speedy and full recovery.

(Redacted)

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 29, 2014 at 11:09 am Reason: redacted dilatory content
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Thunder head coach Scott Brooks on my flight to OKC today. What an unbelievably nice guy. I love the Thunder even more now than ever before, if that's even possible.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Hershel Walker, Friday 8/29, T-12 in ATL.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:12 pm

There's a thread here, but I wanted to drop by and honor Joan Rivers because she was one of the most often mentioned celebrities here and a very frequent flyer with AA.

I'm sure many of you had the chance to interact with her at the LAX or JFK Flagship lounges.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
There's a thread here, but I wanted to drop by and honor Joan Rivers because she was one of the most often mentioned celebrities here and a very frequent flyer with AA.

I'm sure many of you had the chance to interact with her at the LAX or JFK Flagship lounges.
I did several times and she was - indeed - a very very good person and the aa staff adored her. Always blew my mind a lady her age could red eye to JFK and go str8 to work - that used to kill me when I was an I banking analyst at 23. RIP
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero

Originally Posted by morrisunc
I did several times and she was - indeed - a very very good person and the aa staff adored her. Always blew my mind a lady her age could red eye to JFK and go str8 to work - that used to kill me when I was an I banking analyst at 23. RIP
I was fortunate to see her on numerous occasions, but not exactly meet her at the LAX FL, but greet her and see her interact with all those at the club, be it staff, or fans. Always friendly and classy. R.I.P.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:37 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
My most heartfelt and deepest condolences to Melissa Rivers, her son Cooper, their families and friends.

Joan was a truly special person who gave so much to all of us.

May the family's treasured memories of her give them some small comfort during this very difficult time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.