Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 11, 13, 3:45 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ROC/MSP/LAX/HKG/SIN
Programs: AA 1MM EXP EMD, UA 1K *G, DL PM, VS S, Marriott PLT/ICH AMB PLT/SPG+HH GLD/AMex PLT/Hertz PC
Posts: 1,797
AA Promotion - Choice Essential, Choice Plus

Just got this in the email. Sounds like nobody has gone for these two options from AA since they were introduced a couple of months ago. It would be a pretty good deal if you need more flexibility. I might go for Choice Essential if it is not much more than the typical option. I believe it is not targeted.

The only catch is I believe it's only available for 48 states. Could be a good deal for international travel if they have that option at a reasonable price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Paulakers2010,

Want the flexibility to change your travel plans with no change fee? Choice Essential fares include no change fee, an additional checked bag, and more. Book a Choice Essential fare and complete travel between October 11 and December 15, 2013, and we'll give you 50% AAdvantageŽ bonus miles just for trying it out.

Or, to enjoy even more on your next flight, select the Choice Plus fare option. Along with all the benefits of a Choice Essential fare, you'll also receive:
50% more AAdvantage bonus miles
Same‑day flight change
Premium beverage
All of this in addition to the 50% bonus miles we're offering just for trying it out.

Simply book your Choice Essential or Choice Plus fare and travel by December 15, 2013, and we will automatically deposit the 50% bonus miles into your AAdvantage account within 4‑6 weeks after the offer ends.
__________________
2014 UA: 172975 PQM 55/65 CPU/RPU/GPU(85%) | AA: 87279 EQM 19/20 EAU/eVIP(95%) US 1/6 EAU(17%)| DL: 113574 MQM 23/31 UPG(74%)
Paulakers2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 13, 3:53 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BOS, LAX
Programs: AA PLT, LY Gold, EY Gold, B6 Mosaic
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 View Post
I believe it is not targeted.
That's what my email says in the fine print:

This email was sent to *****@****.com because you subscribe to American News and Offers.

This is an exclusive offer only for members who receive this email directly from American Airlines. No registration is required.
grrizzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 13, 4:00 pm   #3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Programs: AA LTPlat; MR Plat; HH Gold
Posts: 500
I missed where it says it doesn't apply to international travel (or is Choice only available on domestic?).
Ord Liza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 13, 8:20 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BOS, SFO, VIE, HKG
Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Liza View Post
I missed where it says it doesn't apply to international travel (or is Choice only available on domestic?).
Yes.
DWFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 13, 8:31 pm   #5
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere I need to be.
Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, some other CCs
Posts: 13,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 View Post
Just got this in the email. Sounds like nobody has gone for these two options from AA since they were introduced a couple of months ago. It would be a pretty good deal if you need more flexibility. I might go for Choice Essential if it is not much more than the typical option. I believe it is not targeted.

The only catch is I believe it's only available for 48 states. Could be a good deal for international travel if they have that option at a reasonable price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Paulakers2010,

Want the flexibility to change your travel plans with no change fee? Choice Essential fares include no change fee, an additional checked bag, and more. Book a Choice Essential fare and complete travel between October 11 and December 15, 2013, and we'll give you 50% AAdvantageŽ bonus miles just for trying it out.

Or, to enjoy even more on your next flight, select the Choice Plus fare option. Along with all the benefits of a Choice Essential fare, you'll also receive:
50% more AAdvantage bonus miles
Same‑day flight change
Premium beverage
All of this in addition to the 50% bonus miles we're offering just for trying it out.

Simply book your Choice Essential or Choice Plus fare and travel by December 15, 2013, and we will automatically deposit the 50% bonus miles into your AAdvantage account within 4‑6 weeks after the offer ends.
I am not allowed to buy those two in the first place.
I don't think that this will make it worth it for me.
__________________
RIP AA. 1934-9 Dec 2013.
AA_EXP09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 13, 9:05 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: AL
Programs: SPG Plat, AA Ex Plat, DL PM, WN A+ Pfd, Hyatt Diamond, MR Plat Prem, PC Plat, Hertz 5* Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 390
AA Promotion - Choice Essential, Choice Plus

I got this email too and I guess that I don't understand why this is being called a promotion. You get 50% bonus miles for buying these fares already and that is what the email says you'll get. What am I missing??
LetsGoToo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 13, 9:14 pm   #7
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: AA (current EXP, occasional PLT, 0MM); UA; US; DL
Posts: 5,090
I think AA under Bob Crandall learned this lesson perfectly: people want low fares and won't pay extra for amenities they can do without.
aktchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 13, 9:35 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH GLD (thanks Citi), former DL silver
Posts: 1,993
I received a version that offered 1000 bonus miles for booking any choice bundle.
nall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 13, 9:35 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The road less traveled
Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, CX Diamond, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Natl Emerald EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Posts: 4,765
I got this promotion as well. How do I book this on my corporate website (Carlson Wagonlit)? I called and they don't know what I'm talking about.
JohnnyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 13, 10:25 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dallas
Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktchi View Post
I think AA under Bob Crandall learned this lesson perfectly: people want low fares and won't pay extra for amenities they can do without.
Ive bought choice and choice plus fares when i knew my plans would change or knew id use the CFC... its saved my clients several hundred dollars.

Needless to say i wasnt targeted since i use it on prolly 10% of bookings
imapilotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 13, 8:29 am   #11
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LAX, PHL, SAF
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 243
1000 bonus miles

I also received a version for the bonus miles
__________________
Fly like an eagle
Plato1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 13, 8:34 am   #12
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 208
I was targeted for the 50% extra miles.

My 4 year old son was targeted for 10% off a future flight with the following restrictions:

Simply book your Choice Essential or Choice Plus fare and travel by December 15, 2013, and we will email your 10% promotional code* to be used to book a future flight between December 18, 2013, and January 17, 2014, for travel between January 15 and April 15, 2014.
StevenH123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 13, 9:53 am   #13
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ROC/MSP/LAX/HKG/SIN
Programs: AA 1MM EXP EMD, UA 1K *G, DL PM, VS S, Marriott PLT/ICH AMB PLT/SPG+HH GLD/AMex PLT/Hertz PC
Posts: 1,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrizzli View Post
That's what my email says in the fine print:

This email was sent to *****@****.com because you subscribe to American News and Offers.

This is an exclusive offer only for members who receive this email directly from American Airlines. No registration is required.
For some reason I couldn't pull up the T&Cs yesterday. I can see it now. It does appear to be targeted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenH123 View Post
I was targeted for the 50% extra miles.

My 4 year old son was targeted for 10% off a future flight with the following restrictions:

Simply book your Choice Essential or Choice Plus fare and travel by December 15, 2013, and we will email your 10% promotional code* to be used to book a future flight between December 18, 2013, and January 17, 2014, for travel between January 15 and April 15, 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nall View Post
I received a version that offered 1000 bonus miles for booking any choice bundle.
It would have been a nice touch for DEQM/DEQP. I am still thinking to pull the trigger for a quick weekend visit of my friend. If the 10%/15% coupon was still there I would have gone for it immediately.
__________________
2014 UA: 172975 PQM 55/65 CPU/RPU/GPU(85%) | AA: 87279 EQM 19/20 EAU/eVIP(95%) US 1/6 EAU(17%)| DL: 113574 MQM 23/31 UPG(74%)

Last edited by Paulakers2010; Oct 12, 13 at 9:59 am..
Paulakers2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 13, 11:58 am   #14
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: AA EXP, Kimpton IC, Marriott Silver
Posts: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
I got this promotion as well. How do I book this on my corporate website (Carlson Wagonlit)? I called and they don't know what I'm talking about.
My company uses Egencia and there's no way to select it through their interface... Just might not be possible. Heck, it's not even a separate fare class. It's like if you try to pay for priority boarding. Choice essential/plus is a bundle of extras instead of a fare, so I don't think many corporate sites can see the option.
SFOPhD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 13, 3:38 pm   #15
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Durham (RDU)
Programs: EXP, UA Plat, MVPG, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diam, National Exec
Posts: 1,757
I got the 50% offer as well. My reading of the email was that you get the 50% in addition to the 50% already offered for purchasing the Choice Essential or Choice Plus options so you end up with a 100% bonus.
flyerdude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:02 pm.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.