AA from Uruguay to LHR via MIA & JFK

Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: TAM Fidelidade (Blue), IBERIA Plus & VARIG Smiles, British Airways Executive Club
Smile AA from Uruguay to LHR via MIA & JFK

Hola! I have stopovers in MIA (6 hrs) & JFK (T8,3.5 hrs) enroute to LHR (all in economy class

Q1. Do I have to collect & check-in hold luggage at both airports or can my bag go through to final destination?

Q2. I hold both a Diners Card & Lounge Pass (& Amex Gold Card if applicable)

Taking into consideration my departure is from T8 at JFK, is it a hastle to use/get to the Oasis Lounge in T4 (Lounge Pass)?

Which is the better Club America Airside Lounge at MIA (Diners), Concourse F or J-South or is there no apparent difference?

I should mention I have used neither airport for years!

I welcome your responses

Cheers!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
You will have to go through immigration, collect your bags, go through customs, drop your bags back off, and go back through security upon entrance to the US - at MIA.

At JFK you won't have to collect bags. If you opt to go over to T4 to the lounge there, you will have to go back through security when you get back to T8.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by wrp96
You will have to go through immigration, collect your bags, go through customs, drop your bags back off, and go back through security upon entrance to the US - at MIA.

At JFK you won't have to collect bags. If you opt to go over to T4 to the lounge there, you will have to go back through security when you get back to T8.
For a 3.5 hour break I would not change JFK terminals just to visit a lounge. You can get a Admiral's Club one-day pass for $50. This would allow you to use the AC in both MIA and JFK.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: TAM Fidelidade (Blue), IBERIA Plus & VARIG Smiles, British Airways Executive Club
I should mention that both my cards allow me free lounge access momentarily so I would not wish to splash the cash!

Last edited by maverick_scorpio; Jul 19, 2013 at 10:46 am Reason: grammar error
Old Jul 20, 2013, 3:15 am
NPF

Programs: AA / AV
At MIA, you will have airside access only to the D and E terminals (used by AA and connected).

There are not airside connections between these and F or J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.