Wiki Posts
Search

777-200/767 business class cabin upgrades

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA- exp 8.2MM, SQ, DL, spg plat
777-200/767 business class cabin upgrades

i understand that the existing 777-200's in the fleet are going to go from 3 to 2 class with the newly upgraded seat.

There were also some rumors of the 767 business class section being upgraded- it needs it.

Does anyone know if/when these are scheduled??

Thanks
Old May 17, 2013, 10:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Thread on this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-timeline.html
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Any update on the timeline? I just can't give them my J biz to asia in those terrible slanted seats. I thought they were supposed to be done by 2014
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't know where you would have had the idea that the conversion would be done in 2014; here is what AA said about it in May, 2012:

The redesign is slated to begin in early 2014. American is currently working to determine the installation timeline and will have more details on anticipated completion dates in the future.
http://hub.aa.com/en/nr/features/ame...widebody-fleet

As far as I know, AA hasn't provided any additional timeline details about the 772s.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I believe it is reported in other threads the first 772 to be fitted with the new seats will trial (STC approval?) in the first half of 2014, and AFAIK further CIP conversions are not scheduled to begin until the second half of 2014.

I further suspect the widebody "C" check will determine when the actual aircraft are converted, due to power and wiring requirements:

Widebody "C" Checks

Because of the complexity of widebody aircraft, all "C" checks are "Heavy C" checks. The complete airframe inspection and service is done every 24 - 30 months. It takes approximately 10,000 man-hours and from two to four weeks to accomplish a widebody "C" check.
Your options are to book on the 77W / 777-323ER (e.g DFW-HKG) or wait a year or two...

Originally Posted by morrisunc
Any update on the timeline? I just can't give them my J biz to asia in those terrible slanted seats. I thought they were supposed to be done by 2014
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're buying J or D fares, the the 25k mile upgrade to F is widely available to Asia on the 772s. From I fares, it's a little prices at $550 plus 25k miles. Good news is that for now, SWUs work from J, D or I fares.

Plenty of A inventory on flights to Asia, so the upgrade can be confirmed at booking.

Your corporate sales representative might be able to get you some J-->A certificates as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.