Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[award] reservation expiration discrepancy - pls help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2014, 10:00 am
Original Poster

[award] reservation expiration discrepancy - pls help

I booked an award ticket on 3/7/2014 for travel on the 19th and received an email saying it expires 11:59 PM on the 8th.

When I look at the same res on the web site it clearly states it expires an hour before flight time on the 19th. I've save a copy of that for reference. It also says "on request" (I have two AB flights.

I was hoping someone could shed any light on what is going on here.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP
Are you saying you booked it or put in on hold?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 10:48 am
Original Poster

on hold
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:27 am
Suspended

No way can you hold award seats for 12 days.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Misinformation from AA. That should not happen.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
OP why didn't you book it before it expired?
Did you attempt to do so? You are a regular on this board so clearly you understand the procedure.
What does it say as to the current status in your reservations?
Is your plan to take your print out and make a scene at the airport?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by dickinson
OP why didn't you book it before it expired?
Did you attempt to do so? You are a regular on this board so clearly you understand the procedure.
What does it say as to the current status in your reservations?
Is your plan to take your print out and make a scene at the airport?
OP said the reservation was made yesterday. Since it is still Mar. 8 in most parts of the world, I'm going to assume it has not expired. It seems to me as OP is simply confused as to what AA.com is displaying, and is coming here for advice.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hillrider
Misinformation from AA. That should not happen.
AA really needs to build in logic for partner segment holds so stated hold times can be trusted.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
OP said the reservation was made yesterday. Since it is still Mar. 8 in most parts of the world, I'm going to assume it has not expired. It seems to me as OP is simply confused as to what AA.com is displaying, and is coming here for advice.
Thank you. That's correct. I'd grown accustomed to seeing a 5 day hold not 24 hours and am confused as to why the discrepancy between the and everything other than 5 days.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:13 pm
Suspended

AA awards involving LA also appear to have a 1 day hold.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by idainc
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
Thank you. That's correct. I'd grown accustomed to seeing a 5 day hold not 24 hours and am confused as to why the discrepancy between the and everything other than 5 days.
My understanding is that the five-day hold is only offered on award reservations that are made at least a certain number of days (14? 21?) before departure. Perhaps your award reservation did not qualify?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Bookings made on the 14th day before departure, or later, can be held only 1 day. Except that a booking made within 24 hours of departure can be held until 2 hours before departure.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by Austinrunner
Bookings made on the 14th day before departure, or later, can be held only 1 day. Except that a booking made within 24 hours of departure can be held until 2 hours before departure.
Then that explains the OP's situation: The award was booked on March 7 for travel only 12 days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.