77W walk up bar - why do they offer sandwiches?

Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by djibouti
Here's my question from reading this thread--the 772 has a walk-up bar, too? Did I miss this?
No, but there is a basket of 'snacks' (and I use that term very loosely) put out in the galley for self-service
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DillMan
Is the picture above from one of the inaugural flights?
Apparently the picture in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20536911-post16.html was a staged PR shot.

The blogger at http://thepointsguy.com/2013/04/vide...-of-the-plane/ just did a JFK-GRU flight and the setup was pretty good ^ (I presume it was mid-flight, after people already had a chance to get stuff from it, so it would look a bit more sparse):

Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:44 am
Original Poster

I agree is that my experience is more in line with this "real" photo.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Thanks for the pics, hillrider and bmchris! ^
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:55 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by carlosdca

Personally, I would appreciate some wine (4.6g of carbs in one glass...GASP!)
Some carbs are non-negotiable, healthy or not

As for the rest, we all make our own decisions. Better to make informed decisions, though. Ignorance is not bliss in this case (general comment, not to you )

Cheers.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
When I was 19 and flew over to China, the Chinese Airline (whichever, they've merged so much over the past 20 years, no one can keep track) left out wine and soft drinks on a mini bar at the back of coach. I had some and can say that Chinese wine on a cheap chinese airline sitting out in coach may be the worst thing ever.

Absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand, but hey, this is FT.
You are probably too young to remember Western Airlines, "The Champagne airline", which served "champagne" to all passengers from a nozzle with several buttons on it, the others being Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale.. You get the idea. Not sure about transcons but they flew LAX/ORD and the such. I'll take your chinese wine any time
Old Apr 5, 2013, 11:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A number of posts have been removed, as a remark seems to have spawned a separate discussion, unrelated to AA, that became dilatory to the actual topic.

/Moderator
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Mark_T
No, but there is a basket of 'snacks' (and I use that term very loosely) put out in the galley for self-service
I recently had the FAs on OGG-LAX on a 767-300 set up a decent snack bar- cookies, chips, cheese plates, and soda and wine (so I guess they trusted us) as well in F. I was impressed for a 5hr flight. Are my standards too low, or is this normal? I don't think they did it for the 767 DFW-HNL flight out.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
You are probably too young to remember Western Airlines, "The Champagne airline", which served "champagne" to all passengers from a nozzle with several buttons on it, the others being Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale.. You get the idea. Not sure about transcons but they flew LAX/ORD and the such. I'll take your chinese wine any time
I am too (at the slogan), and had a laugh finding this poster, which dates from the mid-70s:

No wonder Champagne (the wine-growing region) went hog wild and successfully got their name protected!

BTW, Western Airlines (WA) was acquired by ("merged with") DL in 1986.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.