Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Patterns & predictions for DEQM / double EQM in 2013 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Patterns & predictions for DEQM / double EQM in 2013 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One possible chance for a DEQM promotion in the future: Sometime around October 13, 2014, when the Wrignt Amendment expires and suddenly Southwest (WN) can fly to anywhere in the US from DAL airport:

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/a...-amendment.ece

Of course, even if so, it'll probably be targeted just to iteneraries including DFW in some way, perhaps only on some of the routes that Southwest starts up.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Will American Airlines run a Double Elite Qualifying Mile promotion in 2013?

I'm wondering if AA will run a DDEQM promotion in the last three months of 2013? I need to to re-qualify for AA EXP.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Welcome to FT... you can find speculation on this here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...eqm-promo.html
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:13 pm

Definitely! There are a lot of folks who need to re-qualify for EXP. AA better roll this promotion out soon so we can all buy tickets before they get expensive.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:14 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MIA305
I need to to re-qualify for AA EXP.
I would expect to fly 100K miles, 100K points or 100 segments.

Cheers.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

As this is a very busy forum and we don't want to fragment information for members who search for it, we have merged your query into the existing discussion.

As using Advanced Search here may be different from other Internet BBS / fora you have used, we suggest a read of
Using the Search Feature on FlyerTalk: The Definitive Thread. This will open the door to a lot of wisdom and information here (and perhaps some silliness and humor as well...)

(Be sure to check the FAQ and the Wiki it leads to.)

JDiver
senior moderator

Originally Posted by MIA305
I'm wondering if AA will run a DDEQM promotion in the last three months of 2013? I need to to re-qualify for AA EXP.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 17, 2013 at 9:25 pm
Old Oct 17, 2013, 3:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP (15yrs) 3+MM , exDLPlt, exCOPlt, Cruiseaholic (250+)
Originally Posted by brp
I would expect to fly 100K miles, 100K points or 100 segments. Cheers.
Always looking for a discount, any promotions gladly welcomed.........
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat Premier, Hilton Diamond
When are the end of year, double EQM loyalty retention programs rolling out?

I have a ridiculous amount of miles to make up this year and the sooner I can start booking MR's with double yield, the better. Anyone know what date these offers will be available?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
I don't think it will happen this year given all of the UA 1k to AA EXP matches/challenges offered in 2013.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Unlikely to happen at all. There is a massive surplus of EXP from last year, combining the AATHX promotion and the 1K status matches.

Stranger things have happened, but I'd be shocked.

Cheers,
Cameron
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:45 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by us3rnayme
I have a ridiculous amount of miles to make up this year and the sooner I can start booking MR's with double yield, the better. Anyone know what date these offers will be available?
Seems that you're making the assumption that this will happen and it's just a question of when, rather than "will it happen." I don't think that this is a valid assumption.

<redacted>

Last edited by brp; Oct 29, 2013 at 10:26 am Reason: Removed circular link post merge
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I'm glad to be 915 miles out from requalification...and hoping they do not do the double EQM promotions that tend to further inflate the elite ranks.

<redacted>

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 29, 2013 at 10:22 am Reason: Removed circular links post merge

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Don't count on it this year. You really never should. There's no incentive to provide them this year given the uncertainty surrounding the airline and all the gimmes they have thrown out there.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
As someone who will likely (maybe) make EXP on segments, definitely hope they don't hand out DEQM to everyone and anyone.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by us3rnayme
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the AAdvantage forum, us3rnayme.

As this is a very busy forum and we don't want to fragment information for members who search for it, I've taken the action to merge your question into the active discussion on this topic. I've also retitled it to make clear it is the consolidated thread on the topic.

If you're having trouble using the FlyerTalk search, as some of us do, I'd suggest a read of
this thread. It's a great resource for how to find the information that already exists. And of course we'd suggest looking over the FAQ and other stickies at the top of the AA forum for AA-specific information and help.

~Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.