Search

American Eagle Service at ORD

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2000, 1:50 pm
GB
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
American Eagle Service at ORD

I originate in MKE, so the majority of my flights are on Eagle to ORD and then connections. I would say about 30% of the flights originating in MKE to ORD are either delayed or ultimately cancelled. However, my frustration is on the Eagle service from ORD back to MKE or it seems almost anywhere.

The Eagle staff at ORD seem to be the "entry level McDonalds type" of employees at American. Half of them barely speak English and their sense of urgency or accomodations during delays or weather is barely acceptable. I think American's ownership and branding of Eagle seriously damages American's reputation.
Old May 13, 2000, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Silver, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
have to agree w u on the state of eagle ops at ORD. I hv to fly PIT - ORD and VV on the RJ's so I hv too experienced the wonders of Eagle ground staff.

Im not so sure the problem is their inability to speak english (most of the rest of the world has non native english speakers and they manage pretty well) but rather their basic incompetence and attitude.

well i guess its better than taking the bus
Old May 13, 2000, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I also get to endure Eagle at ORD for ORD-LAN and for a while ORD-BWI, but at least since I start there I don't have the horror show of trying to make a connection.

The Eagle gate staff at O'Hare is definitely different from the mainline gate staff. Many of them are contractors, as are a lot of the staff that handle domestic front-counter checkin for non-Gold/Platinum folks.

Without an Admirals Club nearby, it can really be difficult to get a straight answer when you are in the G concourse. It's not because they're not nice people - they just don't understand the nuances of the system that well. Best bet is usually to call the 800# first to make your changes, then have the Eagle staff print out whatever boarding pass is in your record.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.