Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Free / trial / instant / shortcut to AAdvantage Elite status (consolidated)

Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, AA GLD, Hyatt PLT, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Starbucks Gold

Fiance received this today... free gold status until May 31. AA is getting very generous

At American Airlines, we value your business and always want to be your first choice in air travel. That's why I am delighted to tell you about two exclusive offers designed especially for you.

We invite you to enjoy the prestige and benefits of AAdvantage Gold status now through May 31, 2013. While we rarely waive the qualification criteria for this exclusive membership level, it's apparent to us that you deserve this special recognition.

Extend Your AAdvantage Gold Status Through February 28, 2014 Qualify to keep your AAdvantage Gold status longer!2 Simply fly 6,000 miles or earn 6,000 points on select airlines* between now and May 31, 2013, and we will extend your status through February 28, 2014. You will continue to enjoy benefits such as:

Priority Access privileges at airport check-in, security and boarding gates
Special upgrade privileges, including confirmed upgrades as early as 24 hours prior to departure

25% mileage bonus on the base miles flown

Complimentary access to Preferred seating, and complimentary access to Main

Cabin Extra through December 31, 2013

Waived charges for two checked bags

In addition, upon your registration, we will deposit ten 500-mile upgrades3 into your account. These upgrades allow you to upgrade from a purchased Economy Class ticket to First Class on eligible domestic flights with two classes of service or to Business Class on eligible flights with three classes of service (subject to availability). Visit aa.com/500mileupgrades for complete details.

Simply click the button below to log in to your account and register for this special offer prior to travel and before midnight (CDT) on February 17, 2013 by entering Promotion Code HVGGA.**
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:16 am

I just received the same email but it was for Platinum.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by ProfessAW
Fiance received this today... free gold status until May 31. AA is getting very generous

At American Airlines, we value your business and always want to be your first choice in air travel. That's why I am delighted to tell you about two exclusive offers designed especially for you.

We invite you to enjoy the prestige and benefits of AAdvantage Gold status now through May 31, 2013. While we rarely waive the qualification criteria for this exclusive membership level, it's apparent to us that you deserve this special recognition.

Extend Your AAdvantage Gold Status Through February 28, 2014 Qualify to keep your AAdvantage Gold status longer!2 Simply fly 6,000 miles or earn 6,000 points on select airlines* between now and May 31, 2013, and we will extend your status through February 28, 2014. You will continue to enjoy benefits such as:

Priority Access privileges at airport check-in, security and boarding gates
Special upgrade privileges, including confirmed upgrades as early as 24 hours prior to departure

25% mileage bonus on the base miles flown

Complimentary access to Preferred seating, and complimentary access to Main

Cabin Extra through December 31, 2013

Waived charges for two checked bags

In addition, upon your registration, we will deposit ten 500-mile upgrades3 into your account. These upgrades allow you to upgrade from a purchased Economy Class ticket to First Class on eligible domestic flights with two classes of service or to Business Class on eligible flights with three classes of service (subject to availability). Visit aa.com/500mileupgrades for complete details.

Simply click the button below to log in to your account and register for this special offer prior to travel and before midnight (CDT) on February 17, 2013 by entering Promotion Code HVGGA.**
I just got it too. Did you do a lot of year end travel? I flew every weekend from Thanksgiving until New Years--only 16k miles but a lot more frequent activity than the previous 10 months.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
By the way, the 10 free upgrades is by far the best part of this.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pseudonym
By the way, the 10 free upgrades is by far the best part of this.

The upgrades are AMAZING!! 10 of them!

Fiance and I are in the same household...I flew a ton at the end of the year, she didn't fly at all
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:20 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I got this too (for GLD). Ironically, I just signed up yesterday for the PLAT challenge which I should fulfill in the next month or so with planned travel. I also signed up for this since it comes with 10 upgrades which are valuable.

I just hope it does not cancel out my PLAT challenge! We'll see. I have confirmation of both so hoping it works OK. Says it takes 7-10 days to reflect changes in account. I welcome the GLD opportunity, although my upcoming travel is already booked in a premium cabin.

It works to AA's advantage as I am actually planning to shift my business from DL to AA this year. I am tired of DL's bad redemption rates (particularly for international flights). Since most of my travels require a connection anyway (either on DL or AA), and some are LAX-JFK, there isn't much difference in my preference otherwise.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by castillojose
I just received the same email but it was for Platinum.
With the same promotion code?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Anyone willing to provide a link that you're supposed to click on if it's not personalized?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:31 am

My wife just received this for Platinum. Along with twenty 500 milers. I can't say I'm optimistic about how this will affect upgrade success rates.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:33 am

Extend Your AAdvantage Gold Status Through February 28, 2014 — Qualify to keep your AAdvantage Gold status longer!2 Simply fly 6,000 miles or earn 6,000 points on select airlines* between now and May 31, 2013, and we will extend your status through February 28, 2014. You will continue to enjoy benefits such as:
I had a question about qualifying for status after May 31st. Is it 6000 miles earned with or without elite bonus? I'm assuming it's base miles but I just wanted to be sure.

Last edited by jblade; Jan 31, 2013 at 11:08 am
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spankytoes
Anyone willing to provide a link that you're supposed to click on if it's not personalized?

It is probably targeted so you won't get it but you can go to aa.com, click on AAdvantage, then bonus offers. Sign in and put in the code
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:35 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
No link, just a link to the promo code landing page (https://www.aa.com/AAdvantage/viewBonusOffers.do) with a promo code to enter. No confirmation on the page of the offer specifics or anything else.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
It is probably targeted so you won't get it but you can go to aa.com, click on AAdvantage, then bonus offers. Sign in and put in the code
Thanks! We'll see what happens
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: AA GLD
Here's an example of the platinum email:

Pretty exciting for existing GLD members.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:47 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks! We'll see what happens
Good luck, but we already know, definitively, what happens

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.