Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:13 am   #1
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM, AA GLD, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 76
Free / trial / instant / shortcut to AAdvantage Elite status (consolidated)

Fiance received this today... free gold status until May 31. AA is getting very generous



At American Airlines, we value your business and always want to be your first choice in air travel. That's why I am delighted to tell you about two exclusive offers designed especially for you.

We invite you to enjoy the prestige and benefits of AAdvantage® Gold status now through May 31, 2013. While we rarely waive the qualification criteria for this exclusive membership level, it's apparent to us that you deserve this special recognition.

Extend Your AAdvantage Gold Status Through February 28, 2014 — Qualify to keep your AAdvantage Gold status longer!2 Simply fly 6,000 miles or earn 6,000 points on select airlines* between now and May 31, 2013, and we will extend your status through February 28, 2014. You will continue to enjoy benefits such as:

Priority Access privileges at airport check-in, security and boarding gates
Special upgrade privileges, including confirmed upgrades as early as 24 hours prior to departure

25% mileage bonus on the base miles flown

Complimentary access to Preferred seating, and complimentary access to Main

Cabin Extra through December 31, 2013

Waived charges for two checked bags

In addition, upon your registration, we will deposit ten 500-mile upgrades3 into your account. These upgrades allow you to upgrade from a purchased Economy Class ticket to First Class on eligible domestic flights with two classes of service or to Business Class on eligible flights with three classes of service (subject to availability). Visit aa.com/500mileupgrades for complete details.

Simply click the button below to log in to your account and register for this special offer prior to travel and before midnight (CDT) on February 17, 2013 by entering Promotion Code HVGGA.**
ProfessAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:16 am   #2
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5
I just received the same email but it was for Platinum.
castillojose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:16 am   #3
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessAW View Post
Fiance received this today... free gold status until May 31. AA is getting very generous



At American Airlines, we value your business and always want to be your first choice in air travel. That's why I am delighted to tell you about two exclusive offers designed especially for you.

We invite you to enjoy the prestige and benefits of AAdvantage® Gold status now through May 31, 2013. While we rarely waive the qualification criteria for this exclusive membership level, it's apparent to us that you deserve this special recognition.

Extend Your AAdvantage Gold Status Through February 28, 2014 — Qualify to keep your AAdvantage Gold status longer!2 Simply fly 6,000 miles or earn 6,000 points on select airlines* between now and May 31, 2013, and we will extend your status through February 28, 2014. You will continue to enjoy benefits such as:

Priority Access privileges at airport check-in, security and boarding gates
Special upgrade privileges, including confirmed upgrades as early as 24 hours prior to departure

25% mileage bonus on the base miles flown

Complimentary access to Preferred seating, and complimentary access to Main

Cabin Extra through December 31, 2013

Waived charges for two checked bags

In addition, upon your registration, we will deposit ten 500-mile upgrades3 into your account. These upgrades allow you to upgrade from a purchased Economy Class ticket to First Class on eligible domestic flights with two classes of service or to Business Class on eligible flights with three classes of service (subject to availability). Visit aa.com/500mileupgrades for complete details.

Simply click the button below to log in to your account and register for this special offer prior to travel and before midnight (CDT) on February 17, 2013 by entering Promotion Code HVGGA.**
I just got it too. Did you do a lot of year end travel? I flew every weekend from Thanksgiving until New Years--only 16k miles but a lot more frequent activity than the previous 10 months.
Pseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:17 am   #4
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
By the way, the 10 free upgrades is by far the best part of this.
Pseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:19 am   #5
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM, AA GLD, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
By the way, the 10 free upgrades is by far the best part of this.

The upgrades are AMAZING!! 10 of them!

Fiance and I are in the same household...I flew a ton at the end of the year, she didn't fly at all
ProfessAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:20 am   #6
dll
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: LAX
Programs: AA PLT; DL PM; HHonors Gold; *wood Gold
Posts: 1,730
I got this too (for GLD). Ironically, I just signed up yesterday for the PLAT challenge which I should fulfill in the next month or so with planned travel. I also signed up for this since it comes with 10 upgrades which are valuable.

I just hope it does not cancel out my PLAT challenge! We'll see. I have confirmation of both so hoping it works OK. Says it takes 7-10 days to reflect changes in account. I welcome the GLD opportunity, although my upcoming travel is already booked in a premium cabin.

It works to AA's advantage as I am actually planning to shift my business from DL to AA this year. I am tired of DL's bad redemption rates (particularly for international flights). Since most of my travels require a connection anyway (either on DL or AA), and some are LAX-JFK, there isn't much difference in my preference otherwise.
dll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:26 am   #7
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Programs: Starwood GP, AA GLD
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by castillojose View Post
I just received the same email but it was for Platinum.
With the same promotion code?
stheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:29 am   #8
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AAdvantage; Hyatt Platinum; Marriott Silver; BW Plat; Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 811
Anyone willing to provide a link that you're supposed to click on if it's not personalized?
spankytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:31 am   #9
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Programs: AA PLT (Non-Kool-Aid-Drinker)
Posts: 185
My wife just received this for Platinum. Along with twenty 500 milers. I can't say I'm optimistic about how this will affect upgrade success rates.
millions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:33 am   #10
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessAW View Post
Extend Your AAdvantage Gold Status Through February 28, 2014 — Qualify to keep your AAdvantage Gold status longer!2 Simply fly 6,000 miles or earn 6,000 points on select airlines* between now and May 31, 2013, and we will extend your status through February 28, 2014. You will continue to enjoy benefits such as:
I had a question about qualifying for status after May 31st. Is it 6000 miles earned with or without elite bonus? I'm assuming it's base miles but I just wanted to be sure.

Last edited by jblade; Jan 31, 13 at 12:08 pm.
jblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:33 am   #11
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM, AA GLD, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytoes View Post
Anyone willing to provide a link that you're supposed to click on if it's not personalized?

It is probably targeted so you won't get it but you can go to aa.com, click on AAdvantage, then bonus offers. Sign in and put in the code
ProfessAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:35 am   #12
dll
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: LAX
Programs: AA PLT; DL PM; HHonors Gold; *wood Gold
Posts: 1,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytoes View Post
Anyone willing to provide a link that you're supposed to click on if it's not personalized?
No link, just a link to the promo code landing page (https://www.aa.com/AAdvantage/viewBonusOffers.do) with a promo code to enter. No confirmation on the page of the offer specifics or anything else.
dll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:35 am   #13
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AAdvantage; Hyatt Platinum; Marriott Silver; BW Plat; Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessAW View Post
It is probably targeted so you won't get it but you can go to aa.com, click on AAdvantage, then bonus offers. Sign in and put in the code
Thanks! We'll see what happens
spankytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:46 am   #14
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Programs: AA GLD
Posts: 95
Here's an example of the platinum email:



Pretty exciting for existing GLD members.
Eve6MediaHQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:47 am   #15
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SJC
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 31,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytoes View Post
Thanks! We'll see what happens
Good luck, but we already know, definitively, what happens

Cheers.
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:20 pm.