Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Free / trial / instant / shortcut to AAdvantage Elite status (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free / trial / instant / shortcut to AAdvantage Elite status (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Dzinhh
What if you buy miles?
Dzinhh, Welcome to Flyertalk.

On AA, purchased miles do not count toward elite qualifying status.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond
I am EXP and have been for many years. I called Advantage Customer Service this morning to see if there was any way to sign up my wife and they refused. They offered the standard $200 challange but no starting Plautinum until she hit 10,000 points and no upgrade coupons. I am sad!
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by jchacko2
Anyone get their upgrades deposited yet? I registered for the gold (haha say the PLT code after)... although I doubt this will work I didnt want to push my luck by registering for both
Thanks OP and other FTers for providing this offer!

I do not have upgrades yet but I do have access to elite seats this morning. I was not targeted and signed up with the plat code. I had no-status prior to entering the code. I have several Avios trips planned this year and was able to get MCE or exit rows on all of my flights.

AA will actually get some additional business from me this year that would have otherwise gone to DL.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Actually earned Gold last year for the first time in a few years. Darn it, could've waited and done it the easy way.

Oh well, to those of you able to take advantage of this enjoy. Most of my travel is in the second half of the year - so I would've had a hard time meeting this anyways.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Not targeted but registered for the Gold promotion, no benefits immediately seen. I have 3000 miles booked already so will make an effort to book the rest if it sticks.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by flyinghome
I am EXP and have been for many years. I called Advantage Customer Service this morning to see if there was any way to sign up my wife and they refused. They offered the standard $200 challange but no starting Plautinum until she hit 10,000 points and no upgrade coupons. I am sad!
This is a bit disturbing. Niave for AMR to believe that word would not get out, one would expect some flexibility.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by fieldeng
If they really wanted to boost revenue, they should offer DEQM again systemwide.
DEQM systemwide cost $$ (miles are not free), increases the number of miles in circulation, further dilutes award availability.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by diver858
DEQM systemwide cost $$ (miles are not free), increases the number of miles in circulation, further dilutes award availability.
Double RDM would cost money but you cant spend EQM right
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO

I do not have upgrades yet but I do have access to elite seats this morning. I was not targeted and signed up with the plat code. I had no-status prior to entering the code. I have several Avios trips planned this year and was able to get MCE or exit rows on all of my flights.

AA will actually get some additional business from me this year that would have otherwise gone to DL.
When you log into your account and push print replacement card does it show gold/plat status? Just curious
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
I was not targeted for this offer, but I signed up to give it a try. I am a former GLD on AA and currently have no status (switched to DL).

I did receive an email from AA confirming my promotion registration, but who knows if I am actually eligible. My account on aa.com (including replacement member card) currently does not show any sign of elite status, and I have not received any stickers.

I suppose only time will tell whether the offer is valid for users who were not targeted...

Edited to add:
I noticed that in my account preferences on aa.com, I had chosen not to subscribe to AA promotion emails. If it turns out I am eligible for the offer, I guess it is possible that I would have received the initial promotion email if not for the email settings on my account.

Last edited by lamont2718; Feb 1, 2013 at 11:15 am
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
When you log into your account and push print replacement card does it show gold/plat status? Just curious
No status on replacement card, only indication is elite seats are now available for selection. They did stick.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO

I thought Avios books into a class that get you access to preferred seats.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
I thought Avios books into a class that get you access to preferred seats.
Reply, no only preferred aaccess
Old Feb 1, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG PLATINUM, HILTON DIAMOND
No luck for non-target

Called CS. Told not targeted. Offered plat challenge...$200 bucks.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
How about this? I got the gold extension offer, but they wanted me to pay $409. Anyone else seen anything like that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.