Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Republic Airways to operate 47 E175s as American Eagle [with photos]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Republic Airways, flying as American Eagle, will operate 47 (down from the original 53) new Embraer E175 regional airliners starting "mid-2013" under a 12 year contract. Some predict ORD as hub for these.

Configuration will be F 12, 20 MCE and 44 Y = 76 total)

Photos in post #106.
Print Wikipost

Republic Airways to operate 47 E175s as American Eagle [with photos]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2013, 5:59 pm

Yay for the forward lav!

View out the wing.

We get to use the big boy gates at ORD.

Sister ship.

Unrelated pic but got 3 generations of AA tails in one shot.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
Nice pics...aside from the 'can' shot!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Plat
ORD-DEN mid afternoon flight appears to have been downgraded from 738 to E75 as of March 2014.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
ORD-DEN mid afternoon flight appears to have been downgraded from 738 to E75 as of March 2014.
Thats an upgrade in my book, not sure about the AAE175s but US is finally allowing electronics gate to gate.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Originally Posted by ellinj
Thats an upgrade in my book, not sure about the AAE175s but US is finally allowing electronics gate to gate.
regional jet is still just that, regional jet service
prone to severe delays

Looks like MSP goes to all RJ in March (but mainline comes back sometime in May, as it does for Denver as well)
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Saw my first ones in person at ORD earlier this week, they look really good. Here's hoping we get some in RDU soon! ^
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by ord_is_home
Flew the E175 from EWR to ORD last week, did not get the upgrade so I snagged seat 8D (first Y row behind F). Very, very nice. Ample leg room. Also, the tray table was excellent! Not sure if this is due to the newness of the equipment compared to the super rickety trays on CR7s…

Related question to those of you who boarded at ORD: Did you get TSA Pre-Check on these flights? I get Pre on every other AA or Eagle flight, but am 0 for 5 so far on the E175s operated by Republic...
Is there a solid bulkhead or a curtain separating Y from C? If curtain, can you store your stuff under the C seats in front of you? Also, is 8D/F blocked? I have three E175 flights coming up, and the seat map on each is wide open except for 8D/F.

Last edited by economyplusfan; Dec 18, 2013 at 12:31 pm Reason: Additional questions added
Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT (2 MM); Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
Is there a solid bulkhead or a curtain separating Y from C? If curtain, can you store your stuff under the C seats in front of you? Also, is 8D/F blocked? I have three E175 flights coming up, and the seat map on each is wide open except for 8D/F.
No solid bulkhead, instead there is one of those half-curtains hanging from the ceiling so you can't see the top of the head of the person sitting in row 4 in F. There is a curtain from floor to ceiling but only covering the aisle. The FA closes it once the aircraft is airborne.

Row 8 is indeed blocked, at least 8D/F. I flew EWR-ORD last week and these seats became available 24 hours before departure. ExpertFlyer can be used to confirm this.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:05 pm

While the planes are very nice, operationally I am less than impressed. It seems like Republic is teething a bit with these. My last 5 legs with a E75 ex-ORD have had 4 >30 minute delays and 1 cancel. Those are also independent of winter storms either in the Midwest or out east that would impact the equipment upstream.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
While the planes are very nice, operationally I am less than impressed. It seems like Republic is teething a bit with these. My last 5 legs with a E75 ex-ORD have had 4 >30 minute delays and 1 cancel. Those are also independent of winter storms either in the Midwest or out east that would impact the equipment upstream.
Agreed w/the teething pains-I've noticed the FA's are still unsure when it comes to service for the front cabin even down to having to explain to the FA on my last flight that the silver can is the diet Pepsi while the blue can is the regular.

Seriously.

I've also had crews that don't know the layout of ORD, which probably explains some of the very 'scenic' routes the planes have taken to get to the gate.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DataPlumber
That's odd, because these are not the first E-Jets flown by Republic; Republic also flies about 50 2-class E170/175s for US Express.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
still no WiFi I'm guessing? :/
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by FWAAA
That's odd, because these are not the first E-Jets flown by Republic; Republic also flies about 50 2-class E170/175s for US Express.
When flying these out of ORD a few times a couple weeks ago the FA mentioned that some are PHL based and know the AC better while most are ORD based and still learning the E175s. I generally experienced good but not polished service though 1 of the FAs couldn't help a pax when he didn't know where his drink table was.

I'm a big fan of the plane but noticed that the interior seems to be aging very quickly and as mentioned elsewhere in the thread seem more prone to delays - weather or not, also wish it had wifi
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
still no WiFi I'm guessing? :/
Nope
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat
On Time performance ORD-SAT??

Just booked a flight from ORD to SAT, and noticed a couple of weird things (this is an Eagle flight operated by Republic):
1. Cannot see available seats when flight options are displayed. Regular AA metal, of course, shows all seats. My previous Eagle flights (on the smaller EM) always showed seat maps when selecting flights.
2. The on-time performance is dismal. The evening flight (the one I'm on) is on time a whopping 19% of the time, and late >30 min 61% of the time. The afternoon flight is a little better, with 32% on time and 48% either late >30 min or cancelled.

Is this just the way it is with these Republic subcontracted flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.