Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Old Nov 24, 2013, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
fwiw, a poster in the US meals thread (believe they're an FA) is reporting that the US meal windows are going to mirror AA. Looks like the days of no meals on flights under 3.5 hours are going away.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...l#post21839186

Hopefully this is a trend we'll see throughout the rest of the process, and many of the meals that we have posted above will not disappear..
US has some mighty tastying breakfest... They have french toast with real vermont maple syrup which is very good, and it's not dried out at all... The Chorizo quesadilla is excellent has a enough spice to not make it too hot for the people who dont' like spicey food..
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
A few meals from the weekend to share, all 738 except the two CR7s LAX - SLC and back. One was new boeing sky, 3 were standard, and 1 (the last ORD - BOS) had really old bins (both height restricted and with the hinges protruding down and taking up huge amounts of the bin space) and the old lavs. I'll try and upload pictures when I get the chance. Apologies for the length of the post. I enjoyed all the meals I had, all better than almost everything I've had on UA (my PS flights have had some decent food but certainly not better than anything here).

AA 25
BOS-LAX (738)
7:40A - 11:10A
First Class
Breakfast

[/URL]

Choice of:

Breakfast Skillet - Cream cheese and chive scrambled eggs with goat cheese sauce, potatoes O'Brien, and grilled asparagus

or

Cereal and Yogurt

Both served with selection of bagel, biscuit, or croissant.

Light Refreshment (offered prior to arrival):

Gourmet Cheese Plate

I had the breakfast skillet and gourmet cheese plate. The breakfast skillet was surprisingly good though the biscuit I got left something to be desired. The cheese plate wasn't that great, the cheese tasted processed though the grapes were good, though the couple of glasses of prosecco I had with it were delicious. Also offered cookies after the cheese plate (they served breakfast immediately, cheese plate about 2/3 through and cooking about 4/5 through).

AA 3203 and 2993 (CR7)
LAX - SLC and SLC - LAX
1:10P - 4:10P and 7:35P - 8:40P
First Class
Snack Tray on both (pretty bleak options and I passed on it both flights)

AA 192
LAX - BOS (738)
9:35P - 5:45A
First Class
Snack

I went straight to sleep (or tried and failed for an hour at which point the FA gave me a couple glasses of wine and that worked). I didn't see the menu as a result but I know from looking at the pre-order that they were serving some sort of salad topped with salmon or a soup. Sounds like the salmon is similar to or the same as what SFO777 mentioned upthread as being offered on a SFO - JFK redeye in J.

AS 25
BOS - SEA (738)
7:40A - 11:10A
Coach
B.O.B

Was originally supposed to be BOS - DFW - SEA (cleared into F with pre-ordered meals on both though I've forgotten what now). Due to the DFW issues it became BOS - SEA direct on AS in Y (only way I could make the same day turn work since my return flights were also changed due to DFW issues). I ate before the flight at the United Club in Terminal C (yogurt and fruit) and declined the B.O.B though I know they were selling some sort of breakfast skillet at the reasonable price of $6

AA 125
SEA - BOS (738)
2:25P - 8:30P
First Class
Snack

My routing for this was supposed to be SEA - DFW - BOS. Again due to DFW issues it was changed this time to SEA - ORD - BOS. This time both cleared but I was unable to pre-order since it was changed about T-12

Choices:
Beef Teriyaki Salad or Chicken Crepes with mashed sweet potatoes. They only had crepes available for anyone that didn't pre-order and a bread offering. They were interesting, a little on the small side (though it was a snack coded flight so makes sense) and the sweet potatoes were pretty good. I went with the cheese bread and it was tasty. Also had cookies on this flight

AA 1296 (738)
ORD - BOS
9:35P - 1:00A
First Class

Not really sure what the service was on this flight. Same FAs as my SEA - BOS all of whom were nice and the one in F recognized me and welcomed me back. As for food, they handed out nuts with the drink service and then had cookies before landing but nothing else AFAIK

Last edited by Duke787; Nov 26, 2013 at 12:16 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:35 pm

AA 1008
SJC-ORD
738 SilverBird Exterior/Boeing Sky Interior
7:25AM - 1:40PM (Sked)
7:53AM - 2:22PM (Actual)
November 25, 2013
PDB: Water or OJ
Breakfast
Buttonhole: Yes

A day of fail. SJC-DFW cancelled at 4AM and got ticketed on AA 1008 2 1/2 hours earlier through ORD. Plane had mechanical issues delaying departure and strong headwinds made for a near impossible connection. Landed on ORD runway 27R aka South Milwaukee and took the airport grand tour to T3. Made a "Miracle Mile" dash from the H to G gates to see the jet bridge pulling back from the CR7. Rebooked on the next flight 3 hours later.

Breakfast Scramble or Chex Cereal. Biscuit or Banana Nut Bread

"Holy angioplasty Batman! That will take 15 minutes off your life!"
"Hold it good chum! Not as diabolical as what 3 Faced Parker has in store! That Breakfast Scramble will soon morph into an expired Costco cereal bar where the only natural ingredient is the aluminum in the wrapper accompanied by a extra BPA plastic cup filled with Galley Springs water sourced from the gray water tanks on BA 777s."
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WChou
Breakfast Scramble or Chex Cereal.
Biscuit or Banana Nut Bread
"Holy angioplasty Batman! That will take 15 minutes off your life!"

Man, that looks darn good and like a whole day's worth of food at one sitting.
As I sit here contemplating today's DEN-IAD UA "lunch" flight and how much more $misek can cut.
It can't get much worse when we've already decided to eat at Elway's before we board.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by WChou
All I have to offer are pics. Totally lost track of flights. Even forgot to take some meal pics (damn jet/propellor lag).

Macadamia Nut Pancakes with Coconut Syrup

Dang!! why do we have to fly to Hawaii to get the good stuff???
Old Nov 26, 2013, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Any idea of what thre food service on LAX-OKC in F looks like on the 6pm flight? thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by CXtoQF
Any idea of what thre food service on LAX-OKC in F looks like on the 6pm flight? thanks!
Salad with protein or sandwich.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Salad with protein or sandwich.
thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SFO777
Man, that looks darn good and like a whole day's worth of food at one sitting.
As I sit here contemplating today's DEN-IAD UA "lunch" flight and how much more $misek can cut.
It can't get much worse when we've already decided to eat at Elway's before we board.
Next change will be a package of crackers and the FA walking around the cabin with a string cheese container...
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by billgrates3
Dang!! why do we have to fly to Hawaii to get the good stuff???
Learned from the best on which routes have the best food.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:04 am

AA 2403
ORD-SJC
738 SilverBird Exterior
7:15PM - 9:55PM (Sked)
7:11PM - 9:27PM (Actual)
November 27, 2013
PDB: None
Dinner
Buttonhole: Yes

Chicken Marsala or Butternut Squash Gnocci

Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:43 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SFO777

PIT-LAX
AA 1153
737-800 BSI
4:30P-6:40P
October 31, 2013
Dinner

My UG cleared for LAX-PIT later this week, it's a breakfast flight and it's either "cereal" or "soy bacon quiche lorraine" on the pre-order page.

Long flight, sad to see it's treated like a mid-con.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by amolkold
My UG cleared for LAX-PIT later this week, it's a breakfast flight and it's either "cereal" or "soy bacon quiche lorraine" on the pre-order page.

Long flight, sad to see it's treated like a mid-con.
Welcome to the dAArkside, amolkoid.

The quiche is actually pretty good. I had it on my DFW-SNA flight in early November.

In fact, it's actually better than some of the trans-con breakfast options like the Southwest Breakfast Panini.

It is a bummer that you'll miss out on the other nuances of the trans con service (tablets, fruit cheese mid flight, and cookies pre-arrival) given the length of the flight.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paulmcgrath
AA117
JFK-LAX
Business, Lunch

Green Thai Curried Shrimp
Shrimp marinated in green Thai curry, served chilled with sesame ginger and garlic broccoli, couscous salad with eggplant and dates

I do have to comment that all of the AA transcontinental Shrimp/Prawn dishes I have had over the past 18 months or so have been pretty good even when I wasn't quite sure about combo when I was selecting it via pre-order. I would not hesitate to recommend choosing that option unless of course you were really averse to shrimp.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have a roundtrip first class flight from Dulles to Miami at the end of the month and while the lunch option coming back is decent (Roast Beef weap w/vegetable crudite or Chilled Chicken Sale w/pears, roasted beets, goat cheese - assume the later is the best option there), the 6AM morning flight to Miami is only listing one option Cereal with fruit or "Choose later." That just seems a tad disappointing. Is it too big an assumption to think there will also be some sort of danish available or should I just go ahead and pre-order the cereal?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.