Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: Current: UA 1K, AA EXP; BA Silver; Former: EK Gold (2004-11), LH SEN (2007-14)
Quick question. I know that AA does not do special meals on non trans-continental domestic flights. For vegetarians, breakfast is fine (cereal option) and dinner is typically fine as well (pasta) but lunch typically does not have a viable meal option (since even the 'salad' is usually a chicken salad) and often the 'snacks' don't either.

In these cases, has anyone in F had any success in requesting a complimentary snack from Y menu for purchase (say the cheese and fruit plate) instead of the regular meal?

Especially for EXP's (who'd be entitled to the free snack if they were in Y anyway). Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
Is anybody else sick of the "continental breakfast" which involves yogurt and a fruit plate? I've had it multiple time on DFW-ORD and ORD-LGA. I always tell my self I'll pass but I always say yes.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by bilah1
Is anybody else sick of the "continental breakfast" which involves yogurt and a fruit plate? I've had it multiple time on DFW-ORD and ORD-LGA. I always tell my self I'll pass but I always say yes.
I prefer it. I don't like eggs, and it's pretty close to what I eat at home (at least when I have fruit at home).
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by txrus
Shrimp w/cheesy grits of grilled chicken salad w/beets and lots of large walnut halves
Is this all one dish/item or a serious lack of punctuation?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Anyone have any idea what a 9:45am snack will be from ORD-DFW? Is it more breakfast or more lunch?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
I mentioned this meal on the "pre-order" thread but I thought it was notable for mention here due to it being a new item (new to me at least).

I was in F on AA299 from MIA to LAX last week. This is the 3-class 777 bird. Anyway, they were offering three breakfast options: Eggs Benedict, Egg Quesadillas, or Cereal (I don't know if the J cabin offering was the same). I opted for the Eggs Benedict and it was dreadful. Just didn't taste good at all. The Hollandaise sauce was not good.

I do congratulate AA on trying new dishes. I've had the new Roast Beef Wrap, Quiche Lorraine, and the Chipotle Chicken and all were winners. The Eggs Benedict was a fail I'm afraid.
Not too sure how AA is serving the egg benedict these days, however, it is not "new." Back in 2011 and early 2012 I was served this on my PHX-MIA flights. Back then the eggs were scambled but the sauce was rather good, they also served the steel cut oat meal with fresh fruit another of my fave.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
Anyone have any idea what a 9:45am snack will be from ORD-DFW? Is it more breakfast or more lunch?
Snack coded flights will be more like lunch - no breakfast foods like eggs/cereal/oatmeal.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Chicken salad on last night's 1625 ORD-SFO (other option was shrimp and grits):

Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tom911
Chicken salad on last night's 1625 ORD-SFO (other option was shrimp and grits):

http://tom911.smugmug.com/American-A...%20salad-M.jpg
How dry was that chicken? Have you tried the Shrimp and Grits yet?

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 7, 2013 at 10:39 pm Reason: removed img tags from quote post to save real estate
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
How dry was that chicken? Have you tried the Shrimp and Grits yet?
AA's chicken breasts are usually very juicy, particularly the ones they put on top of the salad in 3 cabin F. I don't know how they do it. The breasts are not faux processed chicken like what United serves either.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
How dry was that chicken?
Wasn't dry at all. It was very tasty and the walnuts were a good accompaniment.

Have you tried the Shrimp and Grits yet?
I'm not a grits person, so probably won't be trying that one.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by tom911
walnuts
Those are the most pecan-looking walnuts I've ever seen.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by AeroWesty
Those are the most pecan-looking walnuts I've ever seen.
Guess I don't know my nuts.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM Miles); Hilton Hhonors Diamond; Hyatt GP Diamond; Priority Club Platinum
I tried the shrimp and cheese grits last night on a DFW to SEA leg. The entree was one of the better ones I have enjoyed. The meal included a small number of shrimp nicely prepared. The cheesy grits were a nice consistency and flavor. The dish was accompanied by a nice succotash with a great flavor. The meal worked very well and my seatmate raved about the meal.

FA said the menus changed just yesterday and this was a brand new item. She didn't think it would go over well and was pleased to learn it was a great selection.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CRCJ
I tried the shrimp and cheese grits last night on a DFW to SEA leg. The entree was one of the better ones I have enjoyed. The meal included a small number of shrimp nicely prepared. The cheesy grits were a nice consistency and flavor. The dish was accompanied by a nice succotash with a great flavor. The meal worked very well and my seatmate raved about the meal.

FA said the menus changed just yesterday and this was a brand new item. She didn't think it would go over well and was pleased to learn it was a great selection.
IF done correctly Shrimp and Grits are fantasic, however, we are talking about airline food, so I'm pleasantly surpised to hear that it is good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.