500 Free AA miles (FaceBook app, expires 12/17/12)

Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: Fallen UA Premier Silver and one-time 1K, AA EXP, DL steerage
Great! Done and done.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I presume this will extend the 18 month expiration period
I haven't had to worry about miles expiring since I discovered 'AAdvantage Dining' AA Shopping and Now my AA Advantage Visa and Amex Cards
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:06 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

My spouse does not have a Facebook page, but I logged in to Facebook and submitted the survey with his AA number and stats. We'll see.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by elBulli
You don't have a second FB account whose only purpose is for deals like this?
I don't even have (or want) a first FB account. Any way to get the miles without creating one. I suppose I could create one, fill out the survey, & then close my FB account, right?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Hmmm, trying to do this for my wife as an easy way to extend her miles and I get this message:

This field requires an unique entry and 'XXXXXX' has already been used

Where XXXXXX is her AAdvantage number. I know she didn't sign up and I haven't signed her up before (especially since this just started on 12/3).

Signed myself up just fine.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by rhuerta36
How long for the 500 miles to post?
Anybody have an idea?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, National Emerald Executive, Hertz 5 *, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Anybody have an idea?
I believe it said 4 to 6 weeks.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:32 am

Miles for your thoughts...

First post here at flyertalk. Travel a lot for work. Platinum on AA, gold with Hilton. Just got an email for 500 points to tell AA what I think and kind of vented a bit on them. Am I wrong on this though? I mean seriously. Anyway here is what I said.

Started with some drop down questions about what airline programs I prefer. Said I prefer Delta and UA because they upgrade people more generously based on availability. I am sick of getting waiting in line to spend 500 mile upgrades lately when so often first class is full. Then on a flight from DFW to MCI, I don't bother because I don't want to burn 500 mile segment on such a short flight, only to see that there are 4 empty seats in first class. I ask if I can move up and the answer is that only the person at the gate can do that.

Also bashed the admirals club compared to the delta and united clubs. Come on! Delta club has Glenlivet 12 and stuff just sitting out and AA can just do mccormicks for free? United and Continental clubs usually have bagels, cereal, etc in their lounge for breakfast.

Then they asked about hotel program preferences and gave them this earful:

Starwood hotels. Great hotels. Good points. I especially like using their points to get discounted hotel stays. They also automatically upgrade their members if space is available, just like Delta and UA.

Unfortunately, I actually end up having to use Hilton much more (I am gold with them) because they have Hampton Inns which are often the best hotel in the small towns I often go to. Kind of like how I am forced to use you instead of Delta/UA due to living in DFW. But, Hilton's points/benefits suck (good luck actually using your 100k+ points you save up in a year on anything more than 1 night at a nice hotel on vacation). Better than nothing, but honestly, I am trapped into AA/Hilton. I would much prefer to go Delta/Starwood in a perfect world. I strongly recommend that combo to anyone starting out on business travel.

Also, it is frickin ridiculous that if I buy a plane ticket for myself and I use points for my wife that I can't use the 500 mile upgrades to get us both into 1st class. Come on people.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
I tend to agree with a lot of what you said. I didn't get that email though, and I suspect its because they know well what I think their program is turning into. If it makes you feel any better, I spent 5.5 hours in coach tonight swearing never to spend another dollar on AA if I can help it. Unlike you, I have roots with DL and am not hub captive. At any rate, the more people vocalize the perceived decrease in service, maybe they will listen.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:03 am

The way I see it, they need:
1. New planes (in progress, long overdue, but it will help A LOT to be able to plug in your laptop in coach)
2. Automatically upgrade people to 1st based on program level. Let people skip in front of line based on using 500 mile upgrades so lower level people can still get 1st on occasion.
3. Make the AC have self serve premium booze and finger foods. I love when I am at an airport where British Airways runs the club. So much better. Cucumber sandwiches, free good scotch, etc, just laying out. No need to pay for so much staff. The cost of the staff alone is likely more than it would cost put out a decent finger food buffet and leave out some good bottles in the AC.

That would go a really long way, for me at least.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
I got the e-mail but since it requires Facebook, which I see no need to utilize, I didn't get a chance to express my opinion in exchange for miles.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Was the survey you took this one?

(Mod Action: Removed circular reference, threads merged)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I was able to do the survey but my husband (using my computer) was not able to do so. Got the 'invalid account number' message. He refuses to bother more with this.

He is an iPad user and cannot do the survey on his iPad.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
When your miles post, let us know
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Anyone seen miles posted.

Originally Posted by rkh29
When your miles post, let us know
No miles posted in my account yet. Anyone seeing them show up?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.