New AA.com feature - login with FFN OR e-mail address

Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA SPG Amex
New AA.com feature (may explain some login difficulties)

This morning I noticed a new AA.com feature I'd yet to see discussed here: it is now possible to login with either your AAdvantage number or the email address associated with your account. I remember this being a gripe a while back, so apparently they listened. Kind of nice to have, much like my Starwood and Marriott logins.

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 9, 2012 at 9:31 am Reason: retitle / maintain title
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:13 am

I did not have issues logging in today, but did have issues pulling current reservations.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
It is nice - if it works.

I had no problems pulling reservations, but could not log in with my aa.com linked e-mail address, could only log in with my FFN.

Not quite ready for prime time?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL GLD, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club PLT, Hertz PC
who doesn't know their FFN?? I even know my unborn child's future alphanumeric number. I object to AA's frivolousness in IT spending
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Well, no wonder they're bankrupt! (There, it has been said in this thread... now we can go on.)

I hope they get it to actually work, and that they consider modifying the wording from Forgot AAdvantage Number? to Forgot AAdvantage Number or Email Address?

Originally Posted by jlp187
who doesn't know their FFN?? I even know my unborn child's future alphanumeric number. I object to AA's frivolousness in IT spending
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
I hope they get it to actually work, and that they consider modifying the wording from Forgot AAdvantage Number? to Forgot AAdvantage Number or Email Address?
If someone clicks "forgot email address" I think that AA should simply email them with "you're an idiot" and hope they put two and two together .

And FWIW, it took longer than usual to load, but I did get it to work with my email address.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jlp187
I have often struggled when completing paper work to remember my home phone number or year of birth for one of my children, but if you shake me awake in the middle of the night I always can remember my AA and DL frequent flyer numbers I bet that I'm not alone.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:20 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
same pw for both?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by clacko
same pw for both?
No - AA uses passwords and DL uses PINs for some reason. AA's approach is far more secure.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: AA PLT, VS Gold, SPG Plat, Le Club Plat, Amex Plat
It is nice - if it works.

I had no problems pulling reservations, but could not log in with my aa.com linked e-mail address, could only log in with my FFN.

Not quite ready for prime time?
I was unable to log in with my email address, and was unable to pull up any of my reservations once logged in with my FFN.

Not quite ready for prime time, indeed.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
When you go to "Forgot AAdvantage Number" it asks for your email address, so it really serves no purpose now.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.4 mm, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by thomdis
I was unable to log in with my email address, and was unable to pull up any of my reservations once logged in with my FFN.

Not quite ready for prime time, indeed.
No issues getting in but also cannot see anything on My Reservations. Actually it says "You Do Not have Any Reservations"... luckily I was able to find my trip next week by using the Record Locator. Spoke with Web Services and this is something they are "working on"..
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by execplatscum
No issues getting in but also cannot see anything on My Reservations. Actually it says "You Do Not have Any Reservations"... luckily I was able to find my trip next week by using the Record Locator. Spoke with Web Services and this is something they are "working on"..
Yup. Same here. No reservations.

Also, my email address doesn't work. Not working yet.

I'm just surprised that their IT team didn't catch this before. Don't they mirror a portion of the site and do an internal check before going public?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
My current reservarions are not showing up in my reservartions. I have to manually see by putting the Record locator and additional information.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clacko
same pw for both?
Originally Posted by ksweeney
No - AA uses passwords and DL uses PINs for some reason. AA's approach is far more secure.
Not sure what you mean by this, whether you log in with your email address or FF# the password will be the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.