Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA announce service to Seoul ICN, Lima LIM, Dusseldorf DUS, Dublin DUB [24 Oct 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA announce service to Seoul ICN, Lima LIM, Dusseldorf DUS, Dublin DUB [24 Oct 2012]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by carlosdca
IMO, for a PLATINUM like you with business check-in privileges, 5 hours before departure time as suggested above is EXCESSIVE.

I'd suggest arriving at the airport not more than 3 hours before departure time, i.e. plan to be AT the airport at 10:55PM.

If you are in Miraflores or San Isidro, the trip to the airport should be ~45mins. Plan to leave your hotel or place of stay at ~10PM.
+1. Check-in was a breeze. The only thing that took long was to clear Immigration since there aren't any "priority lines" except for the elderly, disabled, and pregnant.
Old May 20, 2014, 2:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage (since 1987) PLAT. USAir Dividend, AF Flying Blue.
Originally Posted by linglingfool
How so?
The checkin area is restricted to travelers but not the area between checkin and security where are most shops and restaurants. Therefore, the same folks that cruise around on the outside is also on your way between the chekin area and security.
Old May 20, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by FabrizioB
The checkin area is restricted to travelers but not the area between checkin and security where are most shops and restaurants. Therefore, the same folks that cruise around on the outside is also on your way between the chekin area and security.
Not necessarily, as there are often officials checking tickets and documentation before you can even go up the escalator.

However, the only reason to get to the airport five hours early is if you think it's going to take that long to get through security and emigration procedures. As others have mentioned, even if the lines are long, three hours will be more than enough to get through.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by carlosdca
IMO, for a PLATINUM like you with business check-in privileges, 5 hours before departure time as suggested above is EXCESSIVE.

I'd suggest arriving at the airport not more than 3 hours before departure time, i.e. plan to be AT the airport at 10:55PM.

If you are in Miraflores or San Isidro, the trip to the airport should be ~45mins. Plan to leave your hotel or place of stay at ~10PM.
Thanks for your help. Update: I ended up leaving my hotel in Miraflores at 11:15 PM, got to the airport in about 30 minutes, and was at the gate by about 12:15 AM. There are several international flights that leave Lima between midnight and 2AM, so the airport was busy, but everything went smoothly.

By the way, the airport felt completely safe to me once you get inside the front doors. Outside is a little sketchy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.