Aug 4, 12, 1:03 pm
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: SFO, SIN & Europe
Programs: oneworld emerald (AA EXP 9MM), SPG life plat, Hilton diamond, Accor plat, Esselunga Fėdaty
New: senior citizen discounts from EC (50% off), PA and HN (25% off) to anywhere
Note: must use travel agent or call AA reservations and pay a booking fee, so the discount is not entirely as advertised.
DATE: 07/18/12 ATPCO RULES TEXT AA1-1810AA
SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT FARES
These fares apply for travel originating and tickets issued in Ecuador/Panama/Honduras to all cities served by AA throughout the world.
(1) (Applicable for travel originating in Ecuador only) Passengers will receive a 50 percent discount off of AA local fares published in this tariff, except as listed in Paragraph (F) below.
(2) (Applicable for travel originating in Panama/Honduras only) Passengers ticketed at fares permitting the discount will receive a 25 percent discount off of AA local fares published in this tariff, except as listed in Paragraph (F) below.
(1) The provisions of this rule apply to Senior Citizen passengers who are at least 65 years of age. No discount is offered for a companion.
EXCEPTION 1: (Applicable for travel originating Panama) Discounts governed by this rule apply to men who have reached their 60th birthdays, women who have reached their 55th birthdays and retired residents of Panama who have been issued a "Retirement Card" by the Panamanian government at the time of departure from point of origin.
EXCEPTION 2: (Applicable for travel originating Honduras) Discounts governed by this rule apply to Honduran citizens or foreigners with more than 10 years of legal residence in Honduras who have reached their 60th birthdays. This discount also applies to any individual who is retired or pensioned due to incapacitation, regardless of his age.
(2) The Senior Citizen passenger must show proof of age in a form acceptable to AA at the time of ticketing or boarding and may also be required to show similar proof of age at boarding time.
(D) RESERVATIONS AND TICKETING
(1) Tickets must be noted with specific ticket designators. The designator will be the appropriate fare basis code for the fares used followed by "CD50" suffix For travel originating in Ecuador and "CD25" suffix for travel originating in Panama and Honduras.
(2) Passengers must adhere to all conditions/provisions of the appropriate governing rule of the fare on which they are traveling.
(3) Reservations and/or ticketing is not allowed on AA.com due to eligibility requirements.
All travel must be via AA scheduled services.
(F) DISCOUNTS NOT APPLICABLE
The discount will not apply to the following fares:
(1) Agency/Industry Discounts
(2) Joint fares and special status fares, e.g. Children's/Family Plan/Government/Group/AARP Discounts/Military Recruit/Tour Basing/Visit U.S.A. Type/Other Senior Citizen fares.