Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

The rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to primary card holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply to the Citi Gold World MasterCard, Citi Executive products, or some of the Citi Business cards.

The maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles per AAdvantage account. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate.

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Citi 10% miles back / rebate for award redemption

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
My taken away 10% redemption miles got reposted this morning.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I had 10K miles show up for an April 25 transaction this morning. A bit tardy, but well-appreciated.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:14 am

was told the same thing for lu

Originally Posted by ShortTrip
I just called CITI AA and was told I have to pay for the ticket with the CITI AA credit card to get 10% back, but I really would like to pay with AmEx. I have a ticket on hold for the next 2 h. Can someone share experience whether the benefit applies when ticket is paid using a card not issued by CITI AA?
I know this thread concerns the 10% redemption which has already been answered, but I also was given two sets of info regarding the "free checked bag." I was initially told by Citi that I had to pay for my ticket with the eligible Citi AAdvantage card to receive the free checked bag, but after reviewing the guidelines, I called AAdvantage & they told me it was a benefit for being a cardmember and the purchase did not have to be with that card.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: AA, UAL
Originally Posted by miles4sheli
I know this thread concerns the 10% redemption which has already been answered, but I also was given two sets of info regarding the "free checked bag." I was initially told by Citi that I had to pay for my ticket with the eligible Citi AAdvantage card to receive the free checked bag, but after reviewing the guidelines, I called AAdvantage & they told me it was a benefit for being a cardmember and the purchase did not have to be with that card.
No, you don't have to pay with the Citi card to get the bonus (T & C does not say anything to that effect. If it was required, T & C would have clearly mentioned it). I have just bought a flight award yesterday with a different card and am certain I would see the credit soon.

Cheers!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:44 am

Has this worked for anyone for awards booked before April? I booked in Feb but traveled in April. Still have the card. Would be nice if I could claim 10k back...

Thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by abcx
Has this worked for anyone for awards booked before April? I booked in Feb but traveled in April. Still have the card. Would be nice if I could claim 10k back...

Thanks!
A flight booked in Feb will not qualify. The exception (which worked for me personally) is to make a change to the reservation, resulting in the ticket being reissued, after the new benefits kicked in.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:18 am

looks like it takes about 3 weeks now to get the miles back - redeemed miles on 8/29 and received rebate today
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brownie20
looks like it takes about 3 weeks now to get the miles back - redeemed miles on 8/29 and received rebate today
I think it may be monthly(?) batch processing. Also today, I got my rebate for a booking made on 8/2 to be flown in November. Still waiting on my ~$4 rebate for in flight purchases in May but if something is going to be broken, I'd rather it not be the miles.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
I think it may be monthly(?) batch processing. Also today, I got my rebate for a booking made on 8/2 to be flown in November. Still waiting on my ~$4 rebate for in flight purchases in May but if something is going to be broken, I'd rather it not be the miles.
+1 Flight booked Aug 14. Flight occured Aug 18/19. Miles "rebate" posted today.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by bosman
Sounds like monthly is the right answer. Booked 19 August for travel in May 2013 and had my rebate this morning.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:05 pm

That makes sense, would take less manpower that way!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Can anyone confirm if award tickets booked with a non-AA credit card (for the tax portion) receives the 10% rebate? Does the award have to include the Citi cardholder/AA account holder as a flying passenger or can it be for another passenger? Does this rebate apply to all Citi/AA credit cards?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
On May 22nd I used miles for a miles plus copay upgrade. The rebate showed up on June 10th. On August 10th I made a reduced mileage reservation and the rebate showed up on September 17th. So, yes it appears that the rebates show up approximately once a month.

Just two more data points...
Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by bosman
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Sounds like monthly is the right answer. Booked 19 August for travel in May 2013 and had my rebate this morning.
One more data point supporting batch processing: Flight booked Aug 21, mileage rebate appeared today.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Question

Just curious. Has anyone gotten more than 10K rebate for having 2 cards? Or is 10K the max regardless of how many cards you have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.