Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

The rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to primary card holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply to the Citi Gold World MasterCard, Citi Executive products, or some of the Citi Business cards.

The maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles per AAdvantage account. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate.

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Citi 10% miles back / rebate for award redemption

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP Hilton Honors-PLT Admirals Club
my wife and I each got back the 10% rebate in less than a week
Old May 12, 2012, 2:26 pm

Still don't see any terms or conditions or info on the redeem page referred to above. Two one-ways won't get a rebate?
Old May 12, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by bcfan
I have 10,000 miles in my account today marked as "CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS" for travel I booked on April 22nd.
+1. Nice (unexpected) perk ^
About the only good thing I can say about AA in 2012 so far
Old May 12, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Still don't see any terms or conditions or info on the redeem page referred to above. Two one-ways won't get a rebate?
I got a rebate for OW ticket . Booked 2 x 12500 and received 2500 back. I wonder, if 10k limit is per AA account or per citi card.
Old May 12, 2012, 4:38 pm

Is this benefit available for biz card members as well or just for personal cards?
Old May 13, 2012, 7:59 am

Based on my experience thus far, one must have the personal card to get this mileage refund.

Data point:
I redeemed 217k miles and I have the personal and business cards. I received the 10k refund

My wife redeemed 140k miles on the same day. She has only the business card. She has not received the 10k refund...bummer
Old May 13, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM AC; UA Silver; Hyatt Globalist; Honors Diamond; Bonvoy LT TTM
I wonder how Citi knows you've redeemed miles? It doesn't even say you have to pay the taxes with your Citi card.
Old May 15, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Plt
I received the CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS on a one way US-Europe redemption where the taxes & fees were not paid for on my Citi AAdvantage card. That being said I still have my Citi AA card open & active.
Old May 16, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zutmin
Based on my experience thus far, one must have the personal card to get this mileage refund.

Data point:
I redeemed 217k miles and I have the personal and business cards. I received the 10k refund

My wife redeemed 140k miles on the same day. She has only the business card. She has not received the 10k refund...bummer
That's a real bummer I only have the CitiBusiness AA card right now and need to redeem for an award soon. Oh well.
Old May 16, 2012, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by adamplane
I received the CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS on a one way US-Europe redemption where the taxes & fees were not paid for on my Citi AAdvantage card. That being said I still have my Citi AA card open & active.
I just called CITI AA and was told I have to pay for the ticket with the CITI AA credit card to get 10% back, but I really would like to pay with AmEx. I have a ticket on hold for the next 2 h. Can someone share experience whether the benefit applies when ticket is paid using a card not issued by CITI AA?
Old May 16, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA since 1988 (ex-elite status); Alaska; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ShortTrip
I just called CITI AA and was told I have to pay for the ticket with the CITI AA credit card to get 10% back, but I really would like to pay with AmEx. I have a ticket on hold for the next 2 h. Can someone share experience whether the benefit applies when ticket is paid using a card not issued by CITI AA?
See post #51 above you

Originally Posted by Paulchili
+1. Nice (unexpected) perk ^
About the only good thing I can say about AA in 2012 so far
I can't! I booked an award ticket in 2012... before this promo started. Bah humbug.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by ShortTrip
I used my Starwood Amex to pay the $2.50 charge and got back the 10% two days after my wife's return trip from LAS to MIA I booked using miles in mid-April.

My Citi AA card is still technically active though I haven't used it since the Million Miler change late last year.
Old May 19, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
Originally Posted by bcm0830
I wonder how Citi knows you've redeemed miles? It doesn't even say you have to pay the taxes with your Citi card.
you sure the promotion is from Citi? i thought it's from AA..
Old May 19, 2012, 7:42 pm

I have two Citi AAdvantage cards, one VISA and one AMEX, how do I know if they have the 10% refund/rebate redemption bonus benefit?

Is there a number I can call?

I called Citibank, they don't know jack.
Old May 26, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt GP Platinum, *wood Gold
useAAmiles for hotels

Do you get 10% miles back if you redeem for hotels using the useAAmiles portal? It's been 6 weeks and nothing has posted to my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.