Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

oneworld / AA Explorer award with AA Miles (discuss, questions) [ENDED 8 APR 2014]

Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
oneworld / AA Explorer award with AA Miles (discuss, questions) [ENDED 8 APR 2014]

N.B. new oneworld/AA Explorer awards are no longer available as of the end of the day on April 7th, 2014.

Existing awards will be honored.

This thread is ONLY to inquire or add about existing oneworld Explorer awards;
to comment on the loss of this booking option, please follow the discussion on:
Oneworld Explorer Awards Eliminated -- Effective Immediately [8 Apr 2014]

See the first post, below, for the rules that prevailed through 7 April 2014 and apply to those who booked Explorer awards prior to the end of these useful award tickets.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Delta747
If I really wanted to, could I fly something like this?

Msp-ord(stopover)-lga(stopover), JFK-LHR(stopover)-bos-LHR-man(stopover)-LHR-iad

And Of course I would make sure to add another oneworld airline.

Thanks,
Delta747
Doesn't look like it breaks any rules to me.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 4:24 pm

I am sure someone has already noticed it already, but I just noticed that AA has renamed the distance-based oneworld award. The AA site is now calling it the Explorer award.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:45 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by ckpeter
I am sure someone has already noticed it already, but I just noticed that AA has renamed the distance-based oneworld award. The AA site is now calling it the Explorer award.

We'll try to transition the names of both this thread and the All-Partner (now "oneworld and Other Partner Airline Award") thread over smoothly to reduce confusion.

/Moderator
Old Mar 24, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
As part of a oneworld award that assumes all other rules are correctly followed, will the following be permitted?

IPC - SCL (stop) - EZE (stop) - SCL - SYD
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Yep. But you shouldn't try to evaluate a proposed Explorer award itinerary by looking only at part of it.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
330,000 AA mile for 50,000 miles traveL in F

I am planning a round world Award travel in F, but will break the trip into 5 separate trips under one Oneworld award travel ticket. Just wondering if anyone here ever did something like this and would love to learn your experience.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by 1stClassFamily
I am planning a round world Award travel in F, but will break the trip into 5 separate trips under one Oneworld award travel ticket. Just wondering if anyone here ever did something like this and would love to learn your experience.
What is your proposed itinerary?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
combine miles from multiple accounts?

Wife and I would like to book two 50k mile tickets in business - 220k AA miles each.

She has about 225k miles. I have only 110k but I can get another 100k from a friend on loan - would that be allowed?

TIA!

Last edited by ulzimates; Mar 28, 2012 at 1:07 pm Reason: making question clearer i hope
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:50 pm
Suspended

This thread is about Explorer awards, not the question you're asking.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Austinrunner
This thread is about Explorer awards, not the question you're asking.
But I am trying to book explorer / oneworld tickets..
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:51 pm

Do Comair flights still incur the dreaded BA YQ surcharge in connecting from a CX flight in JNB?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORDinaryJoe
Do Comair flights still incur the dreaded BA YQ surcharge in connecting from a CX flight in JNB?
It should, given it is a BA sub.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ulzimates
Wife and I would like to book two 50k mile tickets in business - 220k AA miles each.

She has about 225k miles. I have only 110k but I can get another 100k from a friend on loan - would that be allowed?

TIA!
You should check AA website on SHARE / GIFT miles on the cost and conditions as well as maximum amount allowed, for your friend to send miles your way.

But I am trying to book explorer / oneworld tickets..
Getting enough miles to book an award is not in the scope of this thread. Therefore your initial question is in the wrong thread. Besides you can easily find the answer on aa website.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Happy
You should check AA website on SHARE / GIFT miles on the cost and conditions as well as maximum amount allowed, for your friend to send miles your way.

Getting enough miles to book an award is not in the scope of this thread. Therefore your initial question is in the wrong thread. Besides you can easily find the answer on aa website.

Okay I see how my question was still a bit confusing. I am trying to ask - When I am on the phone with the AAgent and trying to book my ticket, can I use miles from my account and from my friend's account? or a family member's account? I don't want to go the route of transferring miles over.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
Okay I see how my question was still a bit confusing. I am trying to ask - When I am on the phone with the AAgent and trying to book my ticket, can I use miles from my account and from my friend's account? or a family member's account? I don't want to go the route of transferring miles over.
You can't combine the miles from two different accounts (if that is what you are asking). You will need to have 220K from one account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.