Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage hotel rewards-- is it a scam? or broken? or am I an idiot?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA

hello all:

i'm trying to book a room in austin, texas for the middle of next week. I have plenty of miles. using AA's website, a list of options appears with different prices in miles. I have now tried 5 different hotels and, at the end of the process, I am told that the room is no longer available and to choose a different room, an option that doesn't exist. instead, i need to resubmit my search, which often causes the same hotel to appear at a different redemption rate, but the room is still not available even if the rate is higher than the one previously quoted (just as often, the new rate is reduced, but still unavailable).

can someone help me here? can a phone agent help?

thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Obviously it's not a scam, but rather the website is malfunctioning. Why not call the 24-Hour Assistance number 1-800-349-3244 and see if you can book with them over the phone.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
SXSW ends Sunday. maybe a bunch of people are staying over a few days and all the rooms are booked?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA1MM, QF/NZ/VA/UA/DL, etc...
Last year I used the site to book rooms in NYC and DC and had no problems - got some pretty nice suites out of it too.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
Site must have been buggy. Now shows consistent redemption rates and ability to book. Mods, feel free to close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.