Wiki Posts
Search

Dfw -ORD - DEL - BLR Routing Help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLATINUM. AC
Dfw -ORD - DEL - BLR Routing Help

I have to go to BLR a couple of times a year and I had taken the ORD - DEL flight then on to BLR.

Now that ORD - DEL is gone, are there other options? I would prefer to make one long trip and maximize my AA flights.

Perhaps into Paris?

I have also considered DFW - DXB aboard Emirates (EK?) then to BLR.

Your thoughts?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
DFW-LHR-BLR. You get a fairly long AA flight and just one connection.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
DFW-LHR-BLR. You get a fairly long AA flight and just one connection.
I have taken the LHR route once, but the LHR to BLR is on British Airways I believe.

Another thing I would want is to be able to upgrade using cash and points (I have done this in the past). But you are right, this flight has only one connection instead of multiple which is nice.

Any other options besides this?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:01 pm

AA codeshares on EY to AUH (from ORD, JFK). Then EY to BLR. No upgrades though, and economy is 10 across on a 777.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:54 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

AA and CX
DFW - LAX/ORD/SFO/YYZ/JFK/YVR- HKG-BLR.

Or for for AA and Less CX

DFW - ORD/LAX - PVG - HKG - BLR

Last edited by HNL; Feb 19, 2012 at 3:56 pm
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

AA and CX
DFW - LAX/ORD/SFO/YYZ/JFK/YVR- HKG-BLR.

Or for for AA and Less CX

DFW - ORD/LAX - PVG - HKG - BLR
Is DFW - ORD/LAX - PVG - HKG - BLR closer than heading NE ?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by S3eker
Is DFW - ORD/LAX - PVG - HKG - BLR closer than heading NE ?
Per GCMap, taking a westerly route would add and extra ~12% to the trip.

If memory serves, the KA flight from HKG gets in at some ghastly, early morning hour (just like most of the other international flights into BLR, it seems).

I agree with aamilesslave about taking the DFW-LHR-BLR flight; you'd still be able to get AAdvantage miles on a BA flight... I don't know so much about the upgrade policy though.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
I would take AA to LHR then take BA to BLR. This is the best with one connection.

You could also try EY code share from FRA to ABU then to BLR. Remember , ABU to BLR does not earn EQMs.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like DFW - LHA - BLR will be it. ^
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:50 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pengaea
Per GCMap, taking a westerly route would add and extra ~12% to the trip.

If memory serves, the KA flight from HKG gets in at some ghastly, early morning hour (just like most of the other international flights into BLR, it seems).

I agree with aamilesslave about taking the DFW-LHR-BLR flight; you'd still be able to get AAdvantage miles on a BA flight... I don't know so much about the upgrade policy though.
The KA flight lands at 02:00 and I can be in the hotel and in bed by 03:00. I much prefer that to the BA arrival time of 05:00.

As I've said I've gone via LHR, HLE-DEL, DEL, and HKG - many times. In the end I like the HKG connection best.

Going back i prefer the BLR-LHR-USA flight.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP sad former CK, Bonvoy LT Plat, BAEC Gold, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
Originally Posted by S3eker
Thanks for the feedback. It looks like DFW - LHA - BLR will be it. ^
I have done it multiple times this year. Don't know if you fly Y or J (or F) but I have found purchasing BA itens on AA.com can result is some remarkably great fares. I recently bought the LHR-BLR flights (rt) on aa.com for $4000 in J. AA.com let me "instant upgrade", which put me in BA F for a couple hundred $$. The same flights in J, purchased on ba.com, were 6000GBP. Go figure. In J.

On the return I had a BA CW (J) seat. I asked at the gate, and got a gate upgrade in BLR for $600 (US) to BA F. BA F is a nice way to travel. It is a different topic, but BA J is a bit odd. And beware the BA flight attendents racing through the aisles spraying insecticide just as you get your morning coffee.... (both directions).
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
For us in California, flying over the Pacific is slightly faster than flying over the Atlantic. Wish AA would codeshare India flights from NRT and HKG and allow these routings for redemption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.