Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Misconnection on multi-stop itinerary -- what happens?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Misconnection on multi-stop itinerary -- what happens?

Hello all! Flying DFW-STL-MIA-SDQ with a very tight connection at STL. There is one more STL-MIA flight after mine on the same day, but no later MIA-SDQ flights until the next morning.

Given this, if I misconnected at STL, would they still at least get me on the next flight to MIA for an overnighter there? Or would I have to overnight in STL and take the first MIA and SDQ flights in the morning?

I ask because if I had to overnight at MIA, then I could take the first SDQ flight the next day -- but if I had to overnight at STL, the first STL-MIA flight won't arrive in time for the first MIA-SDQ flight (so I'd have to take the second MIA-SDQ flight)...

Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by prashok
Given this, if I misconnected at STL, would they still at least get me on the next flight to MIA for an overnighter there? Or would I have to overnight in STL and take the first MIA and SDQ flights in the morning?
Ask for what you want. It's AA's obligation to get you to your next stopover or destination.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Thanks -- yeah, wasn't sure if there is an official policy, but will see how it goes on the day of the flight....hopefully all will be on time and I won't need to worry about it!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
If you misconnect, AA is likely to rebook you automatically but is also likely to be willing to accept any reasonable request for different flights on your part (as long as seats are available etc.).
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
Was this booked as one itinerary with a "legal" St. louis connection, or is it two itineraries.

If it was booked as a legal STL connection, AA will automatically rebook you. As mentioned, you should be able to change to something better if you talk to them on the phone. My guess would be they would try to get you to MIA that night.

If you are delayed due to a mechanical they will also pay for your overnight expenses.

Keep in mind STL isn't the hub it used to be. AA only has a few gates, so your connection should be easy assuming you are on time. AA generally allows a minimum of 30 minutes between connections, which should be plenty of time at STL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.