Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Wow an LFBU from the elite heavy Bay Area...
Here's hoping it was the short holiday week and all elites had been upgraded.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A551 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Flight #432 (SFO-DFW; 767-300)
Lunch

This was a treat for me, because I was offered $135 at the kiosk to upgrade. I bit, despite the short flight, and it being a lunch flight, because I wanted to experience a true internationally-configured widebody in Business (First for this specific flight).

The meal was a disappointment, though. We were given a choice between chicken curry and salmon salad. The FA's did warmed nuts first, followed by hot towel service, the meal itself (I chose chicken curry), then handed out cookies. I think mine was cranberry, but I wasn't sure. It was pretty good, but kind of disappointing.

Flight #1188 (DFW-DCA; MD-80)
Dinner

This was an amazing flight for me. The FA kept my drinks flowing my way, and I got to experience Glenvit for the first time (too strong for my taste, btw). We were given a choice between chicken (didn't specify chicken what) and tortelleni. I opted for the tortelleni. A hot towel service was what we began with, followed by warmed nuts, the meal service itself (sides of caesar salad and a cheesecake of some kind, couldn't figure it out, but it was really good...I usually dislike cheesecake!), then followed by drinks throughout. One thing that I was disappointed about was that cookies weren't handed out this time. Is that standard on short midcon flights that has dinner/dessert on a tray all at once (I believe called Basic), or did the flight attendant pull a Cookie Monster on us?

Overall, the SFO-DFW segment was comfortable, but service was a bit disappointing, while the DFW-DCA segment was incredible when it came to meal service/drinks.
DFW-DCA is Basic service rather than Basic Plus, my guess is because the market is less "premium" and/or competitive than NYC or BOS. Basic means the awful cheesecake; Basic Plus means the baked-on-board cookies OR sludge sundae (offered on Dinner flights DFW-NYC).

Basic: DFW-DCA/RDU/others
Basic Plus: DFW-NYC/BOS/MIA/West Coast

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.