Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Please Help Me Be the Grand Prize Winner of the 2011 Road Warrior Competition

Please Help Me Be the Grand Prize Winner of the 2011 Road Warrior Competition

Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA--EXP, SPG--Plat
Another Flyertalker asking for votes :)

Hi there, I'll preface this by saying I've talked to Neal (well, "talked" over Twitter) and he knows I'm jumping onto this thread. I am more than happy to create my own thread, but probably for the SWU rules it is easier to merge the two. In any case...I would love it if anyone who hasn't yet voted would vote for me.

While not a particularly active FTer on the boards, I have met several IRL during my travels and proudly sport a hot pink FT tag on my carry-on. I'm much more active in discussing travel on Twitter as @curryclaire.

My entry speaks for itself, but I'll also add that I would sincerely appreciate your vote. I know in the past the Road Warrior competition has been lambasted for naming not-so-frequent travelers -- but awesome writers -- as the finalists. I travel almost every week, have been EXP for three years and PLT for three years before that (please keep in mind I'm barely 32), and also have status on Delta and Southwest. I adore flying, and conducting focus groups all over the country has allowed me a window into America that few if any other people can experience. I hope my enthusiasm comes through, and thank you in advance for reading all of our entries and voting!

--Claire Luna

http://hub.aa.com/en/finalists?zonem...xzz-item-30384
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:11 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Congratulations again!

Who would guess. Two FTers in the finals
Originally Posted by Blue925
Hi there, I'll preface this by saying I've talked to Neal (well, "talked" over Twitter) and he knows I'm jumping onto this thread. I am more than happy to create my own thread, but probably for the SWU rules it is easier to merge the two. In any case...I would love it if anyone who hasn't yet voted would vote for me.

While not a particularly active FTer on the boards, I have met several IRL during my travels and proudly sport a hot pink FT tag on my carry-on. I'm much more active in discussing travel on Twitter as @curryclaire.

My entry speaks for itself, but I'll also add that I would sincerely appreciate your vote. I know in the past the Road Warrior competition has been lambasted for naming not-so-frequent travelers -- but awesome writers -- as the finalists. I travel almost every week, have been EXP for three years and PLT for three years before that (please keep in mind I'm barely 32), and also have status on Delta and Southwest. I adore flying, and conducting focus groups all over the country has allowed me a window into America that few if any other people can experience. I hope my enthusiasm comes through, and thank you in advance for reading all of our entries and voting!

--Claire Luna

Originally Posted by mevl
I .... - but I live in Canada. I carefully read the rules first and it just said that to win the Sweepstakes you have to be a legal resident of the US. I don't want to win - just vote.
BTW you still can win the little forum contest - two SWUs - as those can be used by a citizen from any country.

In the previous contest I used a randomizer to pick the winner so in actuality you can increase your chances for the SWUs by posting more often to this thread. @:-)

Last edited by magic111; Nov 3, 2011 at 4:22 pm
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Originally Posted by nhg
Tying in with my story of ending up in Paris on Bastille Day from the contest entry, the person who was hosting me (no, not the girl from the plane), decided to take me to Berthillon that night, but he inexplicably couldn't find it. Guess I'll have to go back....
It must have been a tourist :-).

If you're back in Paris, PM me. I'll be happy to show you Berthillon and a few other nightspots worthy of a Road Warrior!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Claire, I am jealous! Where did you get a PINK FlyerTalk tag? Seriously, good luck, and maybe the two (wow!) FTers competing can get together for - an ice cream?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:46 pm

Awesome!! Good Luck to both of you!

I voted.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA--EXP, SPG--Plat
Thanks!

My pink FT tag was a gift from FTer nevansm, who despite being a 1K is a great human and a superfun travel partner (we're going to Puerto Rico in December to use my SPG resort nights). Not sure where he got it...those United people have all kinds of weird things going on.

Thanks again for voting! And yay for FTer RWs!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:56 pm
nhg
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM, 2012 AA Road Warrior
Originally Posted by Blue925

--Claire Luna

It's too bad the contest doesn't allow ranked choice voting; I thought that it was overly kind of Claire to ask for my blessing in posting. I would like to endorse Claire for 2nd place
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA, EXP, HH Diamond
Well...I'm a little bit late to this party...But I would still love your Vote!

I guess I should be better at social media, because I am only now getting around to asking for your vote! Also, I apologize in advance to Neal and Claire...if I used twitter, I would definitely have asked for your permission as well. Sadly, I work in a highly regulated industry that prohibits me from using twitter, so this is the best I can do.

Also - full disclosure, I am new to FlyerTalk....and I don't own an ice cream company. I suppoose I could offer free financial planning advice, but that is nowhere near as exciting as free ice cream or free tequila.

Even so, I am a long-time frequent traveler.....EP and Hilton Diamond for many years...and I'd still love your vote!

Claire and Neal - looking forward to meeting you in Miami next year....no matter what the outcome of this contest is....

http://hub.aa.com/en/finalists?zonemode=topnav6

Bruce Cacho-Negrete
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:50 pm
nhg
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM, 2012 AA Road Warrior
Now that y'all have 3 contestants at your mercy prepared to do (just about) anything for your votes, it seem that you should have some fun with us....

Originally Posted by Bcacho
I guess I should be better at social media, because I am only now getting around to asking for your vote! Also, I apologize in advance to Neal and Claire...if I used twitter, I would definitely have asked for your permission as well. Sadly, I work in a highly regulated industry that prohibits me from using twitter, so this is the best I can do.

Also - full disclosure, I am new to FlyerTalk....and I don't own an ice cream company. I suppoose I could offer free financial planning advice, but that is nowhere near as exciting as free ice cream or free tequila.

Even so, I am a long-time frequent traveler.....EP and Hilton Diamond for many years...and I'd still love your vote!

Claire and Neal - looking forward to meeting you in Miami next year....no matter what the outcome of this contest is....

http://hub.aa.com/en/finalists?zonemode=topnav6

Bruce Cacho-Negrete
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:51 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Best of luck, Blue925, and welcome to FlyerTalk, Bcacho! Hope you both find time in your travels to stick around and enjoy all that FT has to offer!

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 6, 2011 at 9:50 am
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA, EXP, HH Diamond
LOL

Originally Posted by nhg
Now that y'all have 3 contestants at your mercy prepared to do (just about) anything for your votes, it seem that you should have some fun with us....
Yes....I would do anything....unfortunately for me...I don't think free financial planning is too enticing....maybe I can create some coupons for a free pint of investment advice or even a half gallon of estate planning?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:05 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Good luck everyone! I enjoyed reading the Challenges

(and I voted even though I know I can't really win the miles anyway)
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
He had me at ice cream. I voted for him.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Voted for Neil, good luck.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:35 pm

Voted for BCacho

Just being objective here...Read all five essays. All entertaining. Great stories. But this guy's were the best. I laughed out loud several times. Bcacho, whoever you are, you got my vote!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.