Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:21 pm
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Amazingly, you could do a same-day DFW-SFO for $181 a/i as soon as next Wednesday (02NOV). 73H1BX.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by LRD
Amazingly, you could do a same-day DFW-SFO for $181 a/i as soon as next Wednesday (02NOV). 73H1BX.
Just what AA needs with massive temporary capacity cuts and uncounted passengers being bumped.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by alhcfp
Normally promotions to not cross Qualifying Years. They end by 12/31.

I think this means what is says. If you fly in 2011- don't count on requalifying.
Isn't everything we fly the current qualifying year for the next year? All my flights in 2011 were qualifying for the 2012 Elite year. So I'm confused.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Who says AA doesn't love SFO?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:44 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Japhydog
You did read, right, that these are double Elite Qualifying Miles, not redeemable miles? Thus they have absolutely zero effect on the balance sheet.
Gotta read the whole thing, though

You'll earn double flight miles AND double elite-qualifying miles
Cheers.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
Gotta read the whole thing, though

Cheers.
Duh! Apologies to the poster I quoted.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Normally promotions to not cross Qualifying Years. They end by 12/31.

I think this means what is says. If you fly in 2011- don't count on requalifying.
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
Isn't everything we fly the current qualifying year for the next year? All my flights in 2011 were qualifying for the 2012 Elite year. So I'm confused.
Flyer70 is correct. All EQMs earned in 2011, regardless of this promotion, count towards your EXP status for 2012. I earned 100k EQMs in 2011, so I get to be EXP from now until the end of 2012... based on my 2011 activity.

Since the promo spans two qualifying years, they added the statement to be blindingly obvious that miles are still counted as normal; the normal rules don't get changed for this promo.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Originally Posted by janetdoe
Flyer70 is correct. All EQMs earned in 2011, regardless of this promotion, count towards your EXP status for 2012. I earned 100k EQMs in 2011, so I get to be EXP from now until the end of 2012... based on my 2011 activity.

Since the promo spans two qualifying years, they added the statement to be blindingly obvious that miles are still counted as normal; the normal rules don't get changed for this promo.
I stand corrected I think. I blame sleep deprivation.

If the bonus miles post after 12/31/11 will they still count toward current requal?

Last edited by alhcfp; Oct 27, 2011 at 3:58 pm
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Isn't this the 3rd promo this year on these routes???

I think its time to contact my family members down in CA or TX!

Does all 3 states address apply for the bonus or is it like the past?
ORD-LAX/SFO for IL, CA address
and
DFW-LAX/SFO for TX, CA address?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Man, AA really wants to stick it to VX as much as they can, don't they? Good for them, and us!

I was just planning an MR for a not-so-FT-ish friend of mine who's PLT is going to be short unless he does an end of year run. Then he shows me this DEQM promo - kaching! ^
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:55 pm

Did the previous DBLEQM promo post immediately?
They typically posted in batches, every few weeks.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
I stand corrected I think. I blame sleep deprivation.

If the bonus miles post after 12/31/11 will they still count toward current requal?
edit: Looks like you got it, Toyota. Bonus miles will count for the year flight activity took place.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
I may have been wrong, but it will depend on when the BONUS EQM actually posts. If they post at the end of the period or 8-12 weeks after flight is taken it will not count in current year.

Did the previous DBLEQM promo post immediately?
That's why current year benefits don't end until the end of February. AA is quite aware there could be all sorts of delays when it comes to elite qualifying flights posting.

In this scenario, I suspect all current year DEQM activity will post prior to the end of February.

However, the delay will impact those who are going for a bump in their status. For example, a current PLT gunning for EXP may have to wait into the New Year for the EQM to post and his status recognized.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
But the real question is, will the double RDMs post before the Dec 1 cutoff for Million Miler status?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: IHG About to Be Demoted, AA Demoted to Nothingness
I'm disgusted with these "targeted" offers. My money spends just as well as those with the targeted addresses, and I'd have spent it for DEQM. I just finished a platinum challenge and looked forward to maintaining it in a long and exclusive relationship with AA, but this kind of crap kills it for me. Instead of shooting for EXPLAT, I guess I'll be an ex PLAT.

Sure, AA has the right to target customers in 3 states if that's their strategy. I don't dispute that. Don't blame customers like me in the other 47 for feeling as if we've been flipped off, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.