Wiki Posts
Search

757 row 9 boarding

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2012, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA, DL
757 row 9 boarding

I see that on the 757's row 10-16 are MCE. I am booked in row 9. Will I board with the others in MCE or will I board last. My only concern is the overhead space since I will have to store my carry on. Sorry but I have tried to look it up but can't find that specific answer. Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Citi Exec, Amex Plat- Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Gold
I am not sure but know it depends on the side of the plane you are on (I think they only board from the B/C side, so if your in D/E, probably fine) and what airport you are at.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by liwarren
I see that on the 757's row 10-16 are MCE. I am booked in row 9. Will I board with the others in MCE or will I board last. My only concern is the overhead space since I will have to store my carry on. Sorry but I have tried to look it up but can't find that specific answer. Thanks.
Generally speaking, passengers seated in Y bulkhead rows are included in Group 1 precisely for the reason that they don't have under seat storage space.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by MiamiMike
I am not sure but know it depends on the side of the plane you are on (I think they only board from the B/C side, so if your in D/E, probably fine) and what airport you are at.
What?

You won't board last simply because you are in seated near the front. From what I recall, AA changed to a pseudo-random boarding process sometime last year.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by liwarren
Row 9 is also MCE!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Seats 9BC are only a problem when boarding using door L2. I don't usually fly through airports using L2 so limited experience. As I recall, the FAs will allow you to store your carryon and then stand out of the way of people boarding, or they will preserve overhead space and ask you to wait before boarding.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Seats 9BC are only a problem when boarding using door L2. I don't usually fly through airports using L2 so limited experience. As I recall, the FAs will allow you to store your carryon and then stand out of the way of people boarding, or they will preserve overhead space and ask you to wait before boarding.
That's been my experience. Last month on a flight BOS-LHR the FA brought me a glass of champagne for the inconvenience.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: QFF
Every time I remember being on a AA 757 boarding at 2L, the pax in 9BC have boarded, stowed luggage then stood in the aisle at the back of F until everyone was boarded and the door closed.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: AAExPlat HHGold AVLifeMiles
I had a seat mate (status) board 9C last week and he was Group 2 on a MIA-LAX flight.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by RogerD408
One time I flew 9C, I was waiting to board, and got called to the desk by the GA (assuming my upgd had cleared). She asked that although I was Group 1, would I mind boarding last so that everyone in coach didn't have to crawl over me as they boarded 2L. Told her it was fine with me as long as they saved space for my bags. She had me board the plane first, stowed my bags above 10C, then went back out to the boarding area and waited until everyone else boarded. Other times I offered the same solution but was told that I can't leave the plane without my bags.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
I believe ORD frequently boards via 2L on the 757. And the FA's do a good job of protecting overhead space.

HP
Old Dec 2, 2012, 3:56 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
It depends, I know of agents that page the passengers in 9BC especially on transcon and international flights directing them to be among the last to board. The really good agents will coordinate with the FAs to protect OH bin space for these seats. Most stations board at 2L on my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.