FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   CitiBusiness AAdvantage MasterCard - Little known benefit (ended 31 Dec 2011) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1217670-citibusiness-aadvantage-mastercard-little-known-benefit-ended-31-dec-2011-a.html)

uxb May 20, 2011 6:25 pm

CitiBusiness AAdvantage MasterCard - Little known benefit (ended 31 Dec 2011)

Somehow, this is not mentioned anywhere on FT, so I figured I would bring it up in the main forum.

Aside from the benefit of earning AAdvantage miles on all your purchases, you can earn cash back on purchases from select companies by registering your CitiBusiness AAdvantage MasterCard with the MasterCard Easy Savings programme. It works like OPEN from American Express, so you don't have to chase down any rebates. All rebates automatically post to your account.

For more details, visit:

http://www.mastercardeasysavings.com/citibusiness?en_US

Ironically, it will not save you anything off your American Airlines purchases, but you can save 2% on all your CO/UA purchases that are made with a registered card on Continental.com. Neat, eh?

Enjoy!

HookemHorns May 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Wow, good find! That wasn't obvious in any of the docs that I got with the AAdvantage Business card. 1% savings at the gas station I use regularly, plus 5% on USPS...excellent!

Originally Posted by uxb (Post 16423230)
Somehow, this is not mentioned anywhere on FT, so I figured I would bring it up in the main forum.

Aside from the benefit of earning AAdvantage miles on all your purchases, you can earn cash back on purchases from select companies by registering your CitiBusiness AAdvantage MasterCard with the MasterCard Easy Savings programme. It works like OPEN from American Express, so you don't have to chase down any rebates. All rebates automatically post to your account.

For more details, visit:

http://www.mastercardeasysavings.com/citibusiness?en_US

Ironically, it will not save you anything off your American Airlines purchases, but you can save 2% on all your CO/UA purchases that are made with a registered card on Continental.com. Neat, eh?

Enjoy!

dfwflyguy May 21, 2011 10:35 pm

^^^^^

StSebastian May 22, 2011 9:43 am

It's a rebate that'll show up on your statement about 2-3 days after the initial charge posts, just so you don't expect it immediately. The USPS rebate is only for online purchases of certain products through Click-n-Ship, and not of everything you might get in a post office.

Still, it's nice to get that little extra rebate on the credit card statement when going to one of these places.

yosithezet May 22, 2011 10:42 am

Where is the list of the various rebates?

uxb May 22, 2011 11:35 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 16429545)
Where is the list of the various rebates?

Click on the link in the OP. The list is on that page. A lot of it is rubbish, but there are a handful of good ones. Kinda like OPEN.

Steve M May 23, 2011 2:14 am

Originally Posted by StSebastian (Post 16429357)
The USPS rebate is only for online purchases of certain products through Click-n-Ship, and not of everything you might get in a post office.

So, I can't get 5% off of money orders purchased at a local Post Office? What a rip! :p

ORD-TGU May 23, 2011 5:53 am

Ive been using it for 2 months now, the rebate shows as a statement credit in less than a week. I have used the 5% Maggianos rebate twice.

It is automatic, just sign up and all is automatically done.

toomanybooks May 23, 2011 7:36 am

Is there some way to tell which Mastercards are eligible other than typing in the CC #?

johndeere19 May 23, 2011 7:50 am

Great find!

uxb May 23, 2011 8:22 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 16433738)
Is there some way to tell which Mastercards are eligible other than typing in the CC #?

I can say for certain that Business MasterCards are eligible. Which ones? Not as sure.

uxb Dec 8, 2011 8:04 pm

*bump*

Another thing that will disappear as a result of the CO/UA merger...

As of December 31, 2011, Continental Airlines will no longer be a participating merchant in the MasterCard Easy Savings Program. Therefore, after this date, you will no longer be eligible for MasterCard Easy Savings Program rebates on these purchases.
Get your 2% rebate before it is gone.

Ritz Dec 8, 2011 8:45 pm

Wow, this is awesome! Thanks OP!

stupidzbu Dec 9, 2011 8:02 pm

DOH!

why did I get a VISA?

seems like all my cards are VISA nowadays

satman40 Dec 9, 2011 11:52 pm

Good for US Bank MC will not take a Thank You MC from Citi...