Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ONE DAY SALE.. LAX-LHR $860 each way BUSINESS CLASS! + fees, etc.

Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:51 am
Original Poster

One day business class LAX ( and other cities ) to LHR in business class.. Books in I so upgradable with VIP or miles.. Although BA has same sale the BA ticket NOT upgradable with VIP or miles. ( books into I on BA as well)...
Old Dec 9, 2011, 5:08 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RTW4
One day business class LAX ( and other cities ) to LHR in business class.. Books in I so upgradable with VIP or miles.. Although BA has same sale the BA ticket NOT upgradable with VIP or miles. ( books into I on BA as well)...
aa has a $860 sale listed (based on my NYC home base), but any contortions I try, has low ball pricing for business special or deep discount economy, but much much higher prices for the return. [bc special $547 outbound, deep disc. ec $59]. The economy class issue is being discussed in another thread.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Date range? How far into 2012 is travel permitted? Minimum stay?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Date range? How far into 2012 is travel permitted? Minimum stay?
All the TATL airlines are running this 2-day sale (8-9 Decmber), and they all seem to have "all travel must be completed by January 8th". I haven't seen any minimum stay requirement.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
according to expertflyer,from boston

depart 12/20 or later
return before jan 5
no minimum stay

but sounds like the fare will be pulled today so i guess 11 day sadvance purchase required.

$500 change fee, look slike also refundable with $500 penalty?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Shawn02139
return before jan 5

<< snip >>

sounds like the fare will be pulled today
I may be wrong but I thought January 5th was the last date for the outbound?

I don't think it's really that the fare will be pulled, more that this was a very short (2 day) sale, possibly triggered by BA, and presumably to unload excess Business class capacity over the quiet Christmas & New Year period. FYI BA also ran an even more generous deal in the other direction a week or so ago - that was billed as two seats for UKL 2012, so an average of about $1,600 a seat.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
I can't find a return either. If I book in O (unlikely, I'll take I), taxes and fees double the fare. lol

Spock Seat.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:48 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I'd love to get a quick 17K EQM's to get to Platinum, and PHL-DFW-LHR-DFW-PHL would do it with the 50% bonus on the business class fare. But the DFW-LHR segments alone are $536 outbound, $1183 return and $292 in taxes, putting the total TATL segment over $2K all in. That's before buying the PHL-DFW that I would need to get me over the 17K requirement. Oh well, I'll be falling back to Gold next year.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by PHL
putting the total TATL segment over $2K all in.
Sounds right - it's advertised as a $2012 sale which is pretty good for DFW-LHR.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:55 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Keep in mind gang the EUR11 bonus applies to this as well if you fly before end of year. 25,000 RDM bonus minimum!

Not to mention if you're a CA resident the DEQM promo as well.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:07 am

I manged to grab one of these in the other direction. Again, it was a match of BA's fare of GBP1000 for r/t business.

BA's fare would not allow upgrades but AA's books into I class so no problem upgrading with SWU.

So LHR-LAX-LHR in F for GBP1000 and 2 SWUs - great way to requalify for EXP!
Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
So if I book this using AA/BA 6153 DFW-LHR on BA metal, I can use an eVIP to upgrade to F ?? That sounds pretty good to me.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by g1ant
So if I book this using AA/BA 6153 DFW-LHR on BA metal, I can use an eVIP to upgrade to F ?? That sounds pretty good to me.
No - needs to be on AA metal for the SWU. Still a good deal for F on AA metal in my opinion.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:54 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
If you're returning from the UK before NYE, you might want to check-out 48D1AN - worth about $86 on some sample bookings I just made.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
There is a $137 LAX/LHR (coach) fare on DEC 31.
If you use a SWU, WOW!
Even with the asanine EURO tax applied, a bargain.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.