Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Danville CA has none left.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by ORD-DCA Flyer
There were 129 in stock when I entered the store about an hour ago, there are now 71. I bought fifty , one guy bought five, and three others bought one. Why would you buy just one?

I would have cleared them out completely, but I figured I'd give you guys a day's notice before I do. I'll be buying any and all left tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks for leaving some for us. I was the guy who bought 5 about 2-3 hours ago. They seem to be going fast. Would have bought more, but I already have a few from previous purchases.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
There were 129 in stock when I entered the store about an hour ago, there are now 71. I bought fifty , one guy bought five, and three others bought one. Why would you buy just one?

I would have cleared them out completely, but I figured I'd give you guys a day's notice before I do. I'll be buying any and all left tomorrow afternoon.
I am at Oak Brook now. Just bought eight 3 minutes ago. They told me there were 90.

200+ 2 days ago.

I also went to the Cost Plus a couple blocks away and bought 3 $20+ purchases so I could get 3 coupons for 15% off WN RTs!

Multitasking.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:14 pm

Just bought 10 from clybourn store. Maybe 100 left. Had gone to south Ashland store earlier today and someone had come in this morning and completely wiped them out.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ramblers63
Just bought 10 from clybourn store. Maybe 100 left. Had gone to south Ashland store earlier today and someone had come in this morning and completely wiped them out.
Just bought 20 at the Clybourn store and they still had some left...
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, AAdvantage Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I am at Oak Brook now. Just bought eight 3 minutes ago. They told me there were 90.

200+ 2 days ago.

I also went to the Cost Plus a couple blocks away and bought 3 $20+ purchases so I could get 3 coupons for 15% off WN RTs!

Multitasking.
Did they give you them in the sleeves that they used to come in? They just gave me the cards themselves.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did they give you them in the sleeves that they used to come in? They just gave me the cards themselves.
They handed me the cards loose and then a matching number of sleeves.

Now I wish I'd bought more.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:22 pm

For the vultures, Burbank had 62 at 15:00 on 8 July. Staff said nothing about them being discontinued, and they were neatly inserted in the usual sleeves. Irvine was said to have 70 a couple of hours before that. Go get 'em!

Remember Costco p/n is 576515 if you need to inquire. If your Costco is too important to talk to customers on the phone(), push the button for one of the friendly departments like Optical, apologize and ask to be transfered to Membership for an item check.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I bought five

They handed me the cards loose and then a matching number of sleeves.

Now I wish I'd bought more.
and they were given to me with the paper slip on, however, as opposed to previous occasions, I had to wait about 10+ minutes or so for the asst manager to hand them to me.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I've bought several and have never had a sleeve or otherwise given to me - just the cards. I had no idea there was any coverings for these things .....
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold

If you do end up buying them all, can you PM me. I cant get out to Oakbrook until thursday and I dont want to make a wasted trip.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigEyedFish
I've bought several and have never had a sleeve or otherwise given to me - just the cards. I had no idea there was any coverings for these things .....
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/efsefs/aa.jpg

Inside of the holder on the left and outside on the right. About 3.75"x5" folded.

A highly valuable collectible in a few years, no doubt.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Originally Posted by smitty06
If you do end up buying them all, can you PM me. I cant get out to Oakbrook until thursday and I dont want to make a wasted trip.
Just call first.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:54 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/efsefs/aa.jpg....
A highly valuable collectible in a few years, no doubt.
Is that why they hate to give them to me? Last time I asked for them and the guy gives me two for my ten new GCs. I stared at him and he finally asked how many I wanted. Ten.Ten cards, ten gift envelopes. The next time I just took my 20 cards and left.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:02 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Our cards all came in envelopes. We've bought about 80 cards overall (50 this past weekend) and all came with envelopes. Not that it matters.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.