Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by MazdaMP
they will send you a paper voucher, we had a low fare guarantee claim and they sent a voucher for that as well
Thanks for the help.

I called back and the agent was unsure, but thought the refund would be to the original form of payment due to the 4+ hour flight time change, even if that was an AA gift card. Due to her uncertainty, she transferred me to Internet services. They confirmed a full refund does not go the a gift card, but instead is made to a paper voucher. That means I have to receive it in the mail before I can rebook. -- Suzanne
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO
Thanks for the help.

I called back and the agent was unsure, but thought the refund would be to the original form of payment due to the 4+ hour flight time change, even if that was an AA gift card. Due to her uncertainty, she transferred me to Internet services. They confirmed a full refund does not go the a gift card, but instead is made to a paper voucher. That means I have to receive it in the mail before I can rebook. -- Suzanne
Yup. I did this, too, and you get a paper voucher. Also know that you need to go in to the airport or mail the voucher in to use the value to ticket.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: nobody
Just snap the last 3 at Oakbrook, IL store.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:00 am

I returned 8 to a Costco in the Seattle area last night. PM me if you want specific location.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat., BFD
Originally Posted by HikerT
I returned 8 to a Costco in the Seattle area last night. PM me if you want specific location.
I have my doubts that they will re-sell those if they haven't had them in stock for any length of time.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
They might. I was in Vallejo last week, which never offered the cards, and they had a sign out with one card for sale.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXC PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt PLT, National Car Executive
You can have someone repurchase it only if the new purchaser is with you at a costco that sold the AA GC. I returned 10 but did not post it here since I though it would a violation of TOS.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
FWIW, an employee at the Costco in Marina del Rey (California) told me that she thought they might get the AA cards again when it gets closer to the Christmas holidays. I don't know how reliable the information is but it would be great if it really happens.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: all
have not seen these cards in over a year..would be nice to get them back
Old Apr 21, 2013, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by workandski
FWIW, an employee at the Costco in Marina del Rey (California) told me that she thought they might get the AA cards again when it gets closer to the Christmas holidays. I don't know how reliable the information is but it would be great if it really happens.
That would be aawesome - I miss them dearly.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Costo AA Cards

Originally Posted by workandski

If you see or hear any additional information, please keep us informed. They're a great deal. I bought all I could find in SAN and had my son survey the stores in Sacramento where he found two.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:33 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Please note:

Commercial and Charitable Messages - link to this guideline
a. Commercial posts. Posts containing promotional messages for commercial products or services - including but not limited to Internet sites, business advertisements and solicitations to donate miles or points are prohibited and will be removed. FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing is to be offered for sale or conditioned on an exchange of money or barter. Nothing in this rule is intended to prohibit exchange of travel coupons as allowed by the rules of Coupon Connection. If you spot a commercial post, please report it.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation. /Moderator
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:47 am

Programs: AA EXC PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt PLT, National Car Executive
I know a few of those gift card exchange sites sells them from time to time with a 7-9% discount off face value.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DM, SPG GLD, Hertz 5*, AMEX PLT, GE
Thought I'd share: Just booked a reservation with the last of my AA giftcards from Costco. Sure was a great run.

I expected my stash to last at least through the end of the year, but alas it has only survived through bookings for August. I doubt a deal like this will ever come back.

Also, RIP the discount code page. Those were great for my own personal travel.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
I am no longer a costco member

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.