FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA website says my reservation changed; AA CS says they have no info (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1210593-aa-website-says-my-reservation-changed-aa-cs-says-they-have-no-info.html)

cyberagga Apr 29, 2011 2:05 pm

AA website says my reservation changed; AA CS says they have no info

was just on AA.com and noticed a note regarding an upcoming itinerary:

"Your reservation details cannot be retrieved at this time. This may be caused by changes made to the reservation outside of AA.com. Please contact AA Reservations."

i called AA and the CSR said he saw nothing about any changes to my reservation or itinerary. he mentioned it maybe had something to do with an upgrade request, so he connected me to the AAdvantage desk. AAdvantage desk said there have been no changes to the upgrade request (for the record, i am waitlisted for one remaining segment, the other three segments cleared long ago).

anyone have any ideas what this is about? just a glitch?

tom911 Apr 29, 2011 2:13 pm

I had the same thing happen last month on a JFK-BRU waitisted upgrade. I logged in one day and the reservation has been taken off line. Checked back a few hours later and my upgrade had cleared.

Maybe someone is working on your reservation? Have you been back to check on it?

BlissWorld Apr 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Same thing happened to me last week from ORD-PEK. However, my upgrade clear'd at purchase, so I have no idea why it said what it said.

cyberagga Apr 29, 2011 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by tom911 (Post 16302278)
I had the same thing happen last month on a JFK-BRU waitisted upgrade. I logged in one day and the reservation has been taken off line. Checked back a few hours later and my upgrade had cleared.

Maybe someone is working on your reservation? Have you been back to check on it?

well, this all just happened in the last 20 minutes or so. but when i spoke to the AAdvantage agent, she did say that the upgrade had NOT cleared and i was still on the waitlist. guess i'll just check back in a day or so. obviously, i certainly hope it means someone is working on the upgrade!

clacko Apr 29, 2011 2:22 pm

ditto re ug, but have seen this msg before, w/o ug activity....and, other than the ug, never seen any changes after looking later....

rens Apr 29, 2011 2:23 pm

This has happened to me occassionally also. The specific circumstances vary, but often results from a change in an international flite operated by another carrier. Alternatively it could indeed be the application of a SWU to an AA flite.
This situation is intentional and not some type of unplanned glitch. Usually the changes are not material, but maybe not. So it is best to call. A reservations desk, rather than CS or AAdvantage is more likely to have agents who see this issue more often.

For me the itinerary sometimes does not reappear automatically, so ask to have it replaced on your my reservations.

Rens

elpi Apr 29, 2011 4:00 pm

My said is cancelled. Will check in few hours before call. Its AA/BA type ticked.

Xero May 1, 2011 4:28 pm

I had the same problem happen to me two days ago on all my AA only reservations. They disappeared like this for 3 days however they mysteriously came back. Just call in to confirm the times and you should be okay then.

wpj May 1, 2011 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by cyberagga (Post 16302293)
well, this all just happened in the last 20 minutes or so. but when i spoke to the AAdvantage agent, she did say that the upgrade had NOT cleared and i was still on the waitlist. guess i'll just check back in a day or so. obviously, i certainly hope it means someone is working on the upgrade!

you booked the original ticket through aa.com or travel agent? it involves codeshare flights? I'm asking because I had some issues in the past with both of this situations and didn't end up very good.

lobo411 Jun 13, 2011 11:04 am

I'm having this issue now. I had an award upgrade (confirmed) on a domestic itinerary's outbound leg and a sticker request on the inbound. I just arrived at my destination and tried to check in for my return flight tomorrow, but I got the "Your reservation details cannot be retrieved at this time. This may be caused by changes made to the reservation outside of AA.com." message.

I was still at the planeside part of the airport so I went to the AC to inquire. The AAngel typed in a bunch of stuff, asked for my ID, and then gave me my boarding passes for tomorrow. I asked her to put me on the airport upgrade standby list too, and she did that.

In fact, she told me I had a slim chance of getting the upgrade. 40 mins later I got an email from AA...upgrade cleared, seats assigned.

But...the website still has the "Your reservation details cannot be retrieved at this time. This may be caused by changes made to the reservation outside of AA.com." message.

Flyer_70 Jun 13, 2011 1:04 pm

My husband got this twice in the past week. Both times upgrades (per a SWU) were being cleared.

Mark_T Jun 13, 2011 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411 (Post 16552904)
... I just arrived at my destination and tried to check in for my return flight tomorrow, but I got the "Your reservation details cannot be retrieved at this time. This may be caused by changes made to the reservation outside of AA.com." message.

I queried this with Web Services last week and it seems that for some reason, the completed leg needs to drop off the system before it will let you access the record online.

This never used to be a problem, so no idea why it is now, but once the completed leg is removed the problem will go away.

Not much help really when you have flights close together like this.

lobo411 Jun 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanks to both of you for the info! I'm pretty tired after a red eye + working all day, so I think the combo of your info + the fact that the AC rep didn't seem to think anything was out of order is good enough for me! =)

brp Jun 13, 2011 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Mark_T (Post 16553717)
I queried this with Web Services last week and it seems that for some reason, the completed leg needs to drop off the system before it will let you access the record online.

This never used to be a problem, so no idea why it is now, but once the completed leg is removed the problem will go away.

Not much help really when you have flights close together like this.

Yup. Happened to mrs. brp just last night. She got a gate upgrade on JFK-DFW (I was in coach :)). That must have done something to her record because I couldn't pull up DFW-SJC for her, but I could for me. I called, and they mentioned that the previous leg hadn't dropped off for her, although it had for me.

Cheers.

lobo411 Jun 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by brp (Post 16554103)
Yup. Happened to mrs. brp just last night. She got a gate upgrade on JFK-DFW (I was in coach :)). That must have done something to her record because I couldn't pull up DFW-SJC for her, but I could for me. I called, and they mentioned that the previous leg hadn't dropped off for her, although it had for me.

Cheers.

Makes sense... none of my segments flown yesterday have posted.