Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE -.Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:56 pm

I have a question if anyone has an idea. I've been using aa.com for a while to book flights, and over the past few days I am not able to select individual legs when searching for flights. It only shows the whole itinerary of going and coming. It was much easier to select the legs I wanted of certain flights / times. Is this an option I may have selected somehow or did their website change. It is much worse in my opinion.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by scorpsman
I have a question if anyone has an idea. I've been using aa.com for a while to book flights, and over the past few days I am not able to select individual legs when searching for flights. It only shows the whole itinerary of going and coming. It was much easier to select the legs I wanted of certain flights / times. Is this an option I may have selected somehow or did their website change. It is much worse in my opinion.
Have you tried the multi-city option?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Have you tried the multi-city option?
Yes, I have. The website appears to have changed and now you no longer have the option to select each individual flight leg by time and price. They only show the entire round trip and list it as an entire option for that price and flight times. How can they understand that LESS options gives us less value. Has anyone else noticed this?

EDIT:
OK, I see that this is only for the multi-city option. Not sure why they wouldn't let you choose individual legs this way. It's just confusing. No worries. Nothing to see here. Please move on.

Last edited by scorpsman; Mar 30, 2011 at 3:28 pm
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by scorpsman
Yes, I have. The website appears to have changed and now you no longer have the option to select each individual flight leg by time and price. They only show the entire round trip and list it as an entire option for that price and flight times. How can they understand that LESS options gives us less value. Has anyone else noticed this?

EDIT:
OK, I see that this is only for the multi-city option. Not sure why they wouldn't let you choose individual legs this way. It's just confusing. No worries. Nothing to see here. Please move on.
Even with multi-city you may choose individual segments. Click on Schedule not Price.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by KtownTraveler
Even with multi-city you may choose individual segments. Click on Schedule not Price.
I guess it boils down to the fact that they price the legs differently if it is a multi-city trip vs round trip.

You are correct, I see the option now to select the individual legs now. They don't show you the price for each leg individually like on a round tip, only at the end.

Thanks for the help. I never had to book a multi-city trip before and the interface was different than I expected.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:53 pm

can I purchase an economy class ticket, and then use miles/points to upgrade to business? This would be for international travel.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:58 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sammaverick
can I purchase an economy class ticket, and then use miles/points to upgrade to business? This would be for international travel.
Welcome to the AA forum!

Yes, you can. The best place to get info for this question is our Forum FAQ, which specifically as an entry for "How can I upgrade on AA?"

General FAQ link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ere-first.html

Link to Upgrade entry: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post11822043
Old Mar 30, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
Last question i swear.

If I put in the option for upgrading via stickers what if i am confirmed before the T24 mark. My goal is to not have to spend $760 on stickers. So if i request the upgrade now, at some point between 72 and 24 hours i will either be confirmed or not, if not i can go airport waitlist. If I am confirmed and don't have stickers i can buy them online for $30 each.

Yes

If i don't buy them will they just put me on the airport list at the 24 hour mark when i check in?

No, you must have the number of stickers required to upgrade everyone that you are requesting an upgrade for to be added to the airport upgrade list.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
I'm trying to book an award ticket for LAX-CDG on TN.

I looked everywhere on AA.com to see if this can be done online but it doesn't appear so. Do I have to call the 800 number? And I assume that means I will be charged for a fee?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

Originally Posted by bzcat
I'm trying to book an award ticket for LAX-CDG on TN.

I looked everywhere on AA.com to see if this can be done online but it doesn't appear so. Do I have to call the 800 number? And I assume that means I will be charged for a fee?
Yes and yes.

The only award flights that can currently be booked on aa.com are those operated by AA/American Eagle/American Connection.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
so AA doesn't do comp upgrades?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 1:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Sometimes it does. Executive Platinums qualify for "domestic" (AA's definition!) courtesy upgrades dependent on space, and others might get an operational upgrade from Coach to Business, for example, if they need to make room for paid Coach pax; if this happens it is usually dependent on the rolled up passenger's status.

These are covered on threads accessed via the FAQ.

Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
so AA doesn't do comp upgrades?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
YQ out the yin yang

I know there is a thread where we are discussing the exhorbitant YQ that AA charges for BA flights, but I can't find it.

I am looking for the right place to vent that today AA tried to charge me $996 for surcharges on a F R/T ticket from YVR-LHR, whereas the cost when I booked it with BA itself was $738.

So much for "alignment"... now we're into full price gouging even more than infamous BA does.

Anyway, could you help me find the appropriate posting for me to add onto and thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: AAdvanatge EXP
Need some advice

Need to take a last minute LAX-BOS redeye this evening. Currently seated in a normal aisle seat, but there is a middle seat open in an exit row (18B) on a 757. So ... exit middle, or regular aisle?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 8:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Being 6'4" / 193 cm, I'd always opt for exit row - but other sight prefer aisle so they could exit easily (but remember, others will want you to let them exit for the lavs, etc.)

Originally Posted by AAbraCadabra
Need to take a last minute LAX-BOS redeye this evening. Currently seated in a normal aisle seat, but there is a middle seat open in an exit row (18B) on a 757. So ... exit middle, or regular aisle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.