Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using AA miles on AS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2010, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Using AA miles on AS

Does AS make their complete inventory of award seats available for those booking via AA miles?
Old Aug 14, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by skiflyer
Does AS make their complete inventory of award seats available for those booking via AA miles?
I cannot answer for certain if AS makes their complete award inventory available to AA, but AFAIK and IME, if AS W (Coach-Saver Award) or AS A (First-Saver Award) is visible on ExpertFlyer, then it is bookable as a MileSAAver AAward by calling AA even if just a single AS W or A bucket is showing on EF.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
I just booked two first class tickets on AS using AA miles (37,500) for a summer 2011 flight from SAN-OGG. I can tell you that I used Expert Flyer to determine award availability using the A bucket. When I called AA, they said there were exactly the number of seats that EF was showing in A. I was quite surprised to see AS releasing 5+ A seats on each of these flights. The seem to only release 1 or 2 for flights out of SEA. I was happy to have the pick of any flight I wanted!
Old Aug 14, 2010, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the fast and excellent info. Helps a great deal with the planning I'm doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.