Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, MHC, Amex Plat
Coach pax using J lavatories and then abruptly opening the door onto unsuspecting J pax.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by coolcoil
The part of the Geneva Conventions regarding airline food only apply to uniformed combatants, and that only says that it is illegal to feed domestic F meals to POW's. Meals must be int'l J or better.
That explains it!

Btw, it's not the size of one's buttonhole, it's how it's used.

Originally Posted by Georgemia
Coach pax using J lavatories and then abruptly opening the door onto unsuspecting J pax.
Unsuspecting J cabin pax who don't know how to lock the door (which both turns on the lav lights and is usually signed at the bold). Infrequent flyers exposed!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by JDiver

Unsuspecting J cabin pax who don't know how to lock the door (which both turns on the lav lights and is usually signed at the bold). Infrequent flyers exposed!
Heh. Last fall, we were taking the Freciarossa (sp?) in business class in Italy (obviously), when a woman went into the lav. Clearly, the lady did not lock the door, because a minute or two later, a gentleman opened the lav door, and the lady began yelling obscenities at him in Italian (my Italian is far from perfect, but even I know a choice insult or two ). The gentleman ran through the train car like a bat out of hell, his hands above his head like he was being mugged, muttering unintelligibly. A few seconds later, the woman came out, still saying obscene things, now in a less loud tone. My husband and I just looked at each other across our table and kept drinking our espressos, wondering why she didn't simply lock the door.

Anyway . . .
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Baggage scanner

When the baggage scanner doesn't scan my luggage and then I check gogo in flight and see that my bag is (possibly) not on my plane.

Well, maybe not the least substantive thing but it does bug me a little.

BTW, the luggage is always on the plane despite the missing scan.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by apeortdz
When the baggage scanner doesn't scan my luggage and then I check gogo in flight and see that my bag is (possibly) not on my plane.

Well, maybe not the least substantive thing but it does bug me a little.

BTW, the luggage is always on the plane despite the missing scan.
Unless, of course if you change planes and don't tell the AAngel helping you that you have a checked bag (like I did yesterday). My bag may meet me when I gat back home tonight.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
The attractive F/A wasn't working my cabin.

(sorry...)
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
My trip to China is showing on aa.com as Boston to Boston with a 147 hour (connection?) in Shanghai... and the normal people I showed it to didn't find it interesting.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
That I manage to fly on the ONE 757 domestic plane without GoGo internet every time I fly a 757. Ugh
Attached Images  
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:04 am

My nuts were only slightly warm.

(giggity...)
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:05 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Why does the Flight Status page time out? I wasn't even logged in. And it would be nice if it would refresh itself every 10 minutes or so.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
I rarely drink when flying. I had a hankering for a Sam Adams on a recent domestic A333 flight - assuming that I would get a serving of warmed nuts (without the stranger hand cooties found in typical bar nuts) to go along with it.

Instead, we got the snack basket and I ended up matching my beer to a serving of oatmeal crisps.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
There are no moving walkways at ORD T3, so I have to walk all the way to gate L10 from the AC instead of being able to just stand from time to time.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
There are no moving walkways at ORD T3, so I have to walk all the way to gate L10 from the AC instead of being able to just stand from time to time.
this is a valid complaint.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
They guy in 4F had more chocolate chips in his cookie.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
I think I finally have one. On short haul flights (say MCO-CLT) with a crew rest seat (last F row by window on 332)...The FA's won't let me use the full blackout curtains around the seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.