Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
An FA asked if my coworker was FWB? Too soon?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by BrianV
I bet that complaint letter is framed in the "Stupidest, Least Substantive" hall of shame in the AA customer service dept.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I bet that complaint letter is framed in the "Stupidest, Least Substantive" hall of shame in the AA customer service dept.
^^
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Originally Posted by BrianV
Is that what the "an FA said something very offensive to my friend and I've emailed CS 2x" thread was about? Don't feel like digging up the thread...
Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: AA , 3MM, CK, Marriott Titanim
Had a guy next to me in First class on the way to Tokyo last week tell the FA his mixed nuts were not warm and could she take them back and warm them... I almost cried.....
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:09 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pkfinman
Had a guy next to me in First class on the way to Tokyo last week tell the FA his mixed nuts were not warm and could she take them back and warm them... I almost cried.....
I think that's a reasonable request if you're in international First Class
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by adambrock
Is that what the "an FA said something very offensive to my friend and I've emailed CS 2x" thread was about? Don't feel like digging up the thread...
Yup!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
The F lav on narrowbodies is not tall enough for me. I prefer walking back to Y as I can actually stand up without whacking my head on the slope!!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Flights from yesterday STILL haven't posted to account. It's now today, not yesterday. What's the deal AA!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Why do EXP agents keep disconnecting/dropping the call mid sentence exactly 15 minutes after they start talking to me?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by no1cub17
Flights from yesterday STILL haven't posted to account. It's now today, not yesterday. What's the deal AA!
In a similar vein, my credit card statement closed yesterday and my miles haven't shown up in my account yet. I'm truly outraged.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 4:00 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Whenever I look out the window during a flight and see another airplane, it always seems to be going faster than the plane I'm on. It just burns me up when AA tries to save fuel by flying slowly.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
I was in F last night from DFW-LHR.

No drink service orders taken. Seems an hour into the flight (after much hussle and bustle up front with doors and carts and whatnot) they put down placemats, water and warm nuts...... **I** had to ask "can I get something to drink?"

How many SWUs can I get as compensation?

Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My call back from the EXP desk was 2 minutes late! Unacceptable!

(on a more substantive note: The EXP desk has got noticeably worse recently, quite a few agents either don't listen or plain don't know what they're doing).
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: United silver, American Platinum, Marriott platinum, Starwood Gold, Hertz gold, Avis First
I find the flavor of the cloned condor egg omelets vastly inferior to the taste of the free range variety.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.