Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2010, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Download the AA toolbar and get 500 bonus miles, and up to a 100 yahoo search miles a month. https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...rdownload.aspx

For Win/Linux and Mac.

"You must download the toolbar on this page, and perform at least 1 toolbar search and or make 1 toolbar purchase with a participating toolbar retailer before June 30, 2010 to earn the 500 mile bonus. Bonus miles will post to your AAdvantage account within 8 to 10 weeks after the promotion end date. You will only earn the 500 mile toolbar download bonus the first time you download the toolbar."

Last edited by dstan; May 26, 2010 at 4:05 pm Reason: updated to more specific link
Old May 20, 2010, 6:26 pm

From lack of responses---it seems this is not very special.
Old May 20, 2010, 6:58 pm

it looks like you get 1 mile for every 3 searches with the yahoo searches as well, up to 100 points per month. don't know how long they will offer that, but you can get up to 1200 miles that way per year.

if nothing else, good way to keep your existing miles from expiring.
Old May 20, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
My worry is with any toolbar and that is it robs system performance and possible spyware, I stay away from all those tool bars and widgets. Especially for the low miles offered.
Old May 20, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Took a look and installed. The yahoo search is a joke. They decide, without telling how if a search is legit or not. My searches earned 3 point for 10 searches. What a scam!!!
Old May 20, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Yeah it seems the same way here - 15 searches = 5 miles so far. Hopefully will get the 500 bonus. Hey, it's worth it, every single one counts for lifetime mileage.
Old May 20, 2010, 8:27 pm

like it says you get 1 mile per 3 searches... what you are experiencing is correct, for 10 searches you would have three miles, or 15 you would have five... it's not a one to one thing.

i didnt think of the spyware issue though....
Old May 20, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
The thing says it doesn't install any adware/spyware on the installation site, but I don't know much about it. It is a bit grueling to run through 300 searches a month...I was able to get all of mine done. A mile is a mile.
Old May 20, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CX Silver, SPG
got it easy miles. Thanks
Old May 20, 2010, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Daniella
You will only earn the 500 mile toolbar download bonus the first time you download the toolbar."
I wonder if that's 1 time per AA account or 1 time per machine?
Old May 20, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Before anyone throws a party, thinking that this is an easy way to get MM status, it will take quite a while.

Once you reach 100 miles-- not searches-- I think I did 300+ searches to earn the 300 miles-- you reach a monthly limit.

That's right-- 100 miles cap using the toolbar is it.

At least it's 100 miles... but then again... this is a Vesdia product.... hopefully the miles will post.
Old May 20, 2010, 9:49 pm

I'm really glad AAdvantage hopped on board with the search rewards. Boy do I love free things. Microsoft, Swagbucks (Google/Ask.com?), now Yahoo. Pity Microsoft took away the ability to get tickets by solely using their toolbar. Microsoft should bring that back. I don't like playing the games very much.

Did AAdvantage have a toolbar like this before, or is this the first time? I ran across a page promoting this about a month ago, but once I tried clicking any of the links on the page, I was informed that there was an error. Did I encounter an old promotion page, or did I stumble upon a glitch and get a peak into the future?
Old May 21, 2010, 12:06 pm

I installed it for the quick 500 miles. I'm not sure it's worth it for the additional 100 miles monthly. At the end of the day, I still prefer the old and trustworthy Google. I'll probably uninstall it after the 500 miles post. Thanks to the OP.
Old May 21, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
A relatively easy way to keep your account active. Like most, I will wait and see.
Old May 21, 2010, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s4popo
I'll probably uninstall it after the 500 miles post.
In the meantime, it's easy to hide the new toolbar in IE7.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.