Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010, 7:04 am

Programs: AA, NWA, MM
Originally Posted by xcalx
I received the same email in the UK downloaded then did a search but no miles will post as UK is not a qualifying country. Why bother sending the email
did u get a message saying u did not qualify/would not be able to collect the miles?
Old May 26, 2010, 7:04 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
The wording of the footnote make me wonder if a purchase is required to get the 500 miles.

*You must download the toolbar and perform at least 1 toolbar search and or make 1 toolbar purchase with a participating toolbar retailer before June 30, 2010 to earn the 500 mile bonus. Bonus miles will post to your AAdvantage account within 8 to 10 weeks after the promotion end date.

Let us say the wording was just "and" and not "and or". This obviously would mean that a purchase is required to get the 500 miles.

Let us say the wording was just "or" and not "and or". This obviously would mean that a search alone would get the bonus. But how could one make a purchase without doing a search?

Q: Will I qualify for the 500-mile bonus by JUST doing 1 search?
Q: Some posts make it sound like they already got the miles - 8 to 10 weeks or not? IOW, has anyone gotten the 500 mile bonus and, if so, did you make a purchase?

Last edited by Evan!; May 26, 2010 at 10:31 am
Old May 26, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Search is your friend, there is already a thread on this started last week: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-toolbar.html
Old May 26, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
Search is your friend, there is already a thread on this started last week: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-toolbar.html
Ah, but so many people tend to shun that friend
Old May 26, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
I installed the toolbar and did some searches but beside the search button it still says "0 Searches >> 0 Miles". What is a so called valid search that is working for other people as I have searched in my normal fashion doing valid searches but still see the same message Oh and the search is NOTHING compared to google search.

E
Old May 26, 2010, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by erenner
I installed the toolbar and did some searches but beside the search button it still says "0 Searches >> 0 Miles". What is a so called valid search that is working for other people as I have searched in my normal fashion doing valid searches but still see the same message Oh and the search is NOTHING compared to google search.

E
Did you click on any of the search results, or just "perform the search?" You should see the counter increase once you actually click on a result.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by Firefoxy
did u get a message saying u did not qualify/would not be able to collect the miles?
I clicked on the $ icon and it give a few options, country, applied to me
Old May 26, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA MM Gold, UA, DL, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by miamigrad
Did you click on any of the search results, or just "perform the search?" You should see the counter increase once you actually click on a result.

I have the same problem as erenner. And, yes, I have clicked on the search results and still get goose eggs.
Old May 26, 2010, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by WolfManDoug
I have the same problem as erenner. And, yes, I have clicked on the search results and still get goose eggs.
I'm sorry to hear that. It certainly would frustrate me given that I think it's already a lot of effort relative to the payoff.

Assuming that you are using Firefox 3.5 (or later) or Internet Explorer 6 (or later) - as those are the only browsers listed as compatible at this time, I would contact AAdvantage Eshopping to report the problem.

If you choose to report the problem, please post back any response you receive.
Old May 26, 2010, 3:42 pm
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WolfManDoug
I am having the same problem and I even made a purchase today.
Old May 26, 2010, 4:07 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
I have updated the link in the OP of this thread to lead directly to the promotion.

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...rdownload.aspx

/Moderator
Old May 26, 2010, 5:19 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by erenner

E
Have you clicked on the "Log In" button on the bar? You need to do that before the searches count, then it should start showing "3 Searches > > 1 Miles" after you make valid searches.
Old May 30, 2010, 2:54 pm

To anyone still using the toolbar, have you noticed if that "Earning" or "Not Earning" little button has disappeared? It has on mine.
Old May 31, 2010, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Caenis
To anyone still using the toolbar, have you noticed if that "Earning" or "Not Earning" little button has disappeared? It has on mine.
Tried it again before, and it's still there.
Old May 31, 2010, 6:12 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
Tried it again before, and it's still there.
It (Earning/Not Earning button) is still working for me. However I can't make heads or tail out of what will change it from "Not". My searches are really simple such as "bedding", "garden supplies", and "android carrying cases" yet no matter where I click I still see "Not Earning".... yet 3 searches yield me 1 mile according to the toolbar. Intuitive? NOT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.