Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Old May 21, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
This toolbar doesn't serve much for me, EXCEPT:
- easy 500 miles
- allows me to go directly to participating retailers' websites and earn without having to log into AAdvantage Eshopping and click through first. That's a nice benefit

The miles for search? Eh... not so much.
Old May 21, 2010, 9:38 pm

Not needing to log in to the portal site is nice, agreed.

I'll probably keep using the toolbar for searches anyway though. I'm on the Internet frequently, and do searches whenever I'm online. I will use Swag bucks first, sure, but I figure if I already search online for something, why not get some sort of a benefit from it.
I suppose it helps that I only accumulate miles through what little I purchase. Something like this will slowly help me toward my goal.

Naturally if I am searching for something very specific or obscure, I will use Google.
Old May 22, 2010, 6:21 am

Programs: AA, UA, HH
Thanks!! Every little bit counts, especially since I haven't been flying as often as I used to...^
Old May 22, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by millsdale
My worry is with any toolbar and that is it robs system performance and possible spyware, I stay away from all those tool bars and widgets. Especially for the low miles offered.
Do you have an old computer/laptop that you don't use anymore? Install it there.
Old May 22, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, CO OnePass, ANA Mileage Club, DL Skymiles, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by ParisTokyo
Thanks!! Every little bit counts, especially since I haven't been flying as often as I used to...^
I agree. It's 500 closer to a million.

The best part is that it gets you miles for purchases at any participating website without having to first go thru aadvantageeshopping.com. That is really nice! It is so hard to keep track of every participating merchant. This way I go where I want and will earn miles if I can. Thanks for letting us know about this toolbar.

Last edited by RyanOKC; May 22, 2010 at 7:41 pm
Old May 22, 2010, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
thanks for posting this

I'm tired of signing on with AA eshopping.

500 miles and a few extras are just nice to have.
Old May 23, 2010, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by RyanOKC
it gets you miles for purchases at any participating website without having to first go thru aadvantageeshopping.com
One warning: It looks like you can still ruin things by clicking to a site from another affiliate. For example, use the toolbar to search and then click on a paid Yahoo search ad. In that case, it looks like Yahoo is getting the affiliate credit instead of eShopping. Instead of "Earning Miles" the toolbar says "Click to Earn."

The fact that it notifies you of this is great, though.
Old May 23, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT, MR Gold, HH Silver
That's all I need, another tool bar to clutter up my screen. IMHO, the 500 miles is not worth it especially if you are supposed to utilize the tool bar every month and purchase from its sponsors in order to get the 500 miles. And not to mention all the cookies that it'll download.
Old May 23, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold & 1.1mm, United Silver, Marriott Plat Premier, National Ex Elite
The 500 miles is nice, but not quite worth the download. But with the interface to AAdvantageshopping, I guess it does warrant a try. I'll try it, get the 500 and see how much it annoys me.
Old May 24, 2010, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Warning!

I've noticed with the toolbar that when you 'search' for a known site on AA eshopping you don't always get the banner that says you are earning AA miles.

It has happened to me for Nordstrom's, Target and Macy's.

I can't get it to go to iTunes at all. (it goes to Apple.com every time.)

If you don't see the banner, go in the old way by signing in to AA eshopping.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:17 am
Kaz

Originally Posted by Stoughton
I wonder if that's 1 time per AA account or 1 time per machine?
It's one time per account. I downloaded it, ran a search, deleted it and repeat four times (four accounts) - took around 10 minutes for 2000 miles.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
the 500 mile bonus is decent

but 1 mile for 3 searches? too much of a headache. if it was 1 for 1, maybe. but even then, yahoo kinda sucks lol.
Old May 25, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kaz
It's one time per account. I downloaded it, ran a search, deleted it and repeat four times (four accounts) - took around 10 minutes for 2000 miles.
Your miles posted already??? If not from the same computer, did you clear out all your cookies???
Old May 26, 2010, 5:43 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
earn 500 Miles When You Download the AAdvantage eShopping Toolbar

I (just) received an email, presumably from aa, as noted in heading. Is this real or a scam? They want your aa acct number and password.
The address is: https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...Launch2010.htm

I didn't see it when I looked at offers in aa.com.
Old May 26, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
I received the same email in the UK downloaded then did a search but no miles will post as UK is not a qualifying country. Why bother sending the email

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.