Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
The AA toolbar is illogical. Sometimes it gives me a search for a newspaper and on other days it does not. Same with products or even stores that are on the AA eshopping WEB site.

If I want to get the blue bar for Overstock.com I havve to go through the AA eshopping site and not just search on the name.

Why?

However all my search AA miles have posted.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Hey Evan:

Nice to see you over here.

I see from Evan's post that there is also a US Airways toolbar - I didn't even realize they had one. OTOH, his AA toolbar is now not working. Does anyone have them both installed and working on the same computer?

Is the US Airways version also Yahoo-based (however mutated)? Is it possible they are somehow conflicting? If you have a spare computer, even an old one that you could try loading it on to see if it works (slowly), you could try that and see if having them on the same machine was the problem.

FTF
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Hey Evan:

Nice to see you over here.
I get around
I see from Evan's post that there is also a US Airways toolbar - I didn't even realize they had one. OTOH, his AA toolbar is now not working. Does anyone have them both installed and working on the same computer?
The US toolbar is quite new AFAIK. Never heard of it until I saw the thread about it in the US forum. It was started earlier this week. My AA toolbar has not worked for some time now... 3 months maybe? I too would like to know if anyone has both installed and BOTH working. OS (+ version) and browser choice (+ version) would be of great help.
Is the US Airways version also Yahoo-based (however mutated)?
Yes, it is Yahoo based.
Is it possible they are somehow conflicting?
It is possible. The US toolbar lets me configure it with "settings"
Far left US icon drop-down list > Layout Manager > Settings
I kept all the defaults. Yesterday it was working fine but today it has a glitch. The Login button appears to work and tells me I successfully logged in but the Login button does not go away as it did yesterday. When I logged in yesterday the Login button would change to my search counter.

Darn this is frustrating.

If you have a spare computer, even an old one that you could try loading it on to see if it works (slowly), you could try that and see if having them on the same machine was the problem.

FTF
+1
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:09 pm

Is this still alive? When I go to the original link I don't see anything about 500 bonus miles.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 5:54 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
I am seeing inconsistent results. In the last few days I have managed 80 or so valid searches, but probably out of several hundred attempts.

I no longer get the little slide-up message saying "congratulation, you have earned a mile" or "sorry, your search was not valid" or whatever the wording is. When searches have posted, the counter increment has been very much delayed, sometimes up to 10 mins after searching.

I do not have the US Air tool installed, so certainly not a conflict between them. As far as I know, I have not added any new toolbars or add-ins to my browser since last month.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by miAAflyer
Yes. Having same issue yesterday and today with searches not showing up on counter.
Same here - tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as installing on a different machine, and that hasn't worked.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by NM
I am seeing inconsistent results. In the last few days I have managed 80 or so valid searches, but probably out of several hundred attempts.

I no longer get the little slide-up message saying "congratulation, you have earned a mile" or "sorry, your search was not valid" or whatever the wording is. When searches have posted, the counter increment has been very much delayed, sometimes up to 10 mins after searching.

I do not have the US Air tool installed, so certainly not a conflict between them. As far as I know, I have not added any new toolbars or add-ins to my browser since last month.
Mine has been responding (or not responding) in EXACTLY the same way.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:58 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Hmmm...ridiculous that this thing is so variable and unreliable, but I've got still something different.

[] I still score a valid search about 3/4 of the time, but it is now often (but not always) delayed 10 mins or so
[] I haven't had any trouble in recent days when it just didn't let me score searches, but I've had periods of a day or so in the past when that was the case, or when it didn't even seem to be operating - plus it always seems stuck a day or so after the beginning of a new month
[] I'm still getting the "you just got a mile" flag when it is keeping current - which is not often
[] I don't get the "invalid search" much at all
[] On the one plus side, although the posting times and dates have varied I have received all my AA miles as expected

Everyone'e results will be different, I guess!

I guess I'm going to install the US Air one this weekend on my old computer, but my expectations are not high

FTF
Old Nov 24, 2010, 2:52 pm

both AA and US Air toolbars are from the same company, FreeCause. Its the same product rebranded for each program. I wouldn't be surprised if they are tripping over each other.

Certianly doesn't explain why it only works "sometimes"
Old Nov 24, 2010, 5:50 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by almostelite
both AA and US Air toolbars are from the same company, FreeCause. Its the same product rebranded for each program. I wouldn't be surprised if they are tripping over each other.

Certianly doesn't explain why it only works "sometimes"
I have never downloaded or installed the US airways toolbar. I only have the AA one installed. So certainly not "tripping over each other" in my case.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
This week some miles posted to my AA account even though the toolbar has stopped reflecting any increments in searches.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by Evan!
This week some miles posted to my AA account even though the toolbar has stopped reflecting any increments in searches.
My toolbar has also stopped showing increments. I thought that it was because they thought the searches were frivolous.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I put the AA one on the netbook and the US one on the laptop. As of today, the AA one is registering searches though they did gyp us out of one months' points in June. The other months seaches have been posting after a couple months. The US one is posting searches really quickly but I think they stuffed it up somewhere when they ran a script to credit the points but froze the toolbar to getting new points.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Searches on my computer also have stopped incrementing. Curiously, my girlfriend is still getting hers to increment but they only show up in bunches every 15 minutes or so.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:59 pm

I tried calling FreeCause, but you just get voicemail. Has anyone figured out why counter is no longer working?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.