Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-LHR-CDG, AA award on AA and BA--baggage checked through?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:09 am
Original Poster

JFK-LHR-CDG, AA award on AA and BA--baggage checked through?

I'm flying JFK-LHR-CDG on an AA award ticket, the first leg on AA and the second on BA. So at Heathrow I'll have to transfer from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5.

Entirely an airside connection with Flight Connect, right? So no immigration/customs?

Can I check bags all the way through?

Traveling with a 2 yo who will be landing in the middle of her night, so am trying to think it through as much as possible... thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:13 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Yes, your bags will be checked through to your final destination and you will not have to retrieve them at LHR.

Once you get off of your AA flight, just follow the purple signs for "Flight Connections." You'll get in line for the bus to T5, which is about a 10 min ride. At T5, you'll have to clear security to actually enter the terminal.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:14 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Yes to Flight Connections and airside only.

We don't check bags, so I never remember if one has to pick up and recheck or not...but someone will definitely know.

Cheers.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
No need to clear Immigration, and your bags will be checked all the way through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.