Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:29 am

Is it possible you have some extension like .......er or Ghostery turned on? Maybe it's screwing up the page.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ruihere
anyone having issue sending an inquiry via " AA Advaantage Shopping Contact US" form?
I was stucked at "details of inquiry", it is always red, even I have written something on it. I tried several different browser and got same result.
YES! I tried 3 different browser types as well. Happy to know its not just me.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by daiseee
YES! I tried 3 different browser types as well. Happy to know its not just me.
+1 Tried a week ago and again today. Tried Chrome which has got plenty of extensions, Chrome Private Browsing, and Safari/Safari Private Browsing which doesn't have any plugins/extensions.

How can I request my missed miles for WSJ/Barron's?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by ruihere
anyone having issue sending an inquiry via " AA Advaantage Shopping Contact US" form?
I was stucked at "details of inquiry", it is always red, even I have written something on it. I tried several different browser and got same result.
Yes, same here. Looks like it's been over 10 days now. Unable to send enquiry on missing points.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:10 pm

Stuck at details inquiry

It appears that the website cannot handle carriage returns(enter/return key). I entered my details in a long line without pressing Enter and pressed submit. It went through and gave me a confirmation msg saying that they will get back to me.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kkdibba
It appears that the website cannot handle carriage returns(enter/return key). I entered my details in a long line without pressing Enter and pressed submit. It went through and gave me a confirmation msg saying that they will get back to me.
Worked! Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Kkdibba
Thank you!! This was starting to get real frustrating!
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Nordstrom

A sad day yesterday when I discovered Nordstrom no longer participates in any of the airline shopping portals. Maybe they are looking to cut corners considering they offer free shipping & returns for any amount spent. Let's hope this doesn't start a pattern.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by Steph58
A sad day yesterday when I discovered Nordstrom no longer participates in any of the airline shopping portals. Maybe they are looking to cut corners considering they offer free shipping & returns for any amount spent. Let's hope this doesn't start a pattern.
I wouldn't fret just yet, or assume that Nordstrom is completely done with participating with portals.

Target would bounce in and out of participating with portal sites, including completely eliminating partnering with any portal for a period of time.

Currently Target is once again awarding miles with a few carrier's mileage portal sites.

I would make the assumption that is only temporary; however if Nordstrom doesn't re-start partnerships before the holidays--- say around early November, then it's time to get concerned.

Of course, if earning miles from portals at Nordstrom matters to you, voice your opinion to them via Email, Twitter, Facebook, or via another channel.

As for all retailers doing this, I believe such a stoppage is highly unlikely. Portal sites generate sales, and are profitable for portal operators. The elimination of of portals would hurt sales, and would prove more costly for retailers, since it's cheaper to run online versions of the sites than "brick and mortar" locations.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Steph58
Ouch. I was on the fence about some $$$$ shoes and planning to justify getting them by the $$$$ x 2 (3?) miles I would be getting online through the shopping portal.

...and incidentally, the big Nordstrom sale kicks off in ~2 weeks. If you can wait, prices on may items will be reduced.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:12 pm

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how long does it take for the points to post? I need 1650 points pretty quickly, and I'm thinking about spending $200 at Neiman Marcus.

Thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by petey2428
I'm sure this has been asked before, but how long does it take for the points to post? I need 1650 points pretty quickly, and I'm thinking about spending $200 at Neiman Marcus.

Thanks!
It depends on who you buy from. I do not have experience with Neiman Marcus, but if you need something that posts fairly quickly, Home Depot has usually posted within about a week for me.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by petey2428

Thanks!
My past experiences with NM is that the AA miles posted in roughly 1 week. Saks took up to a month. Or do I have them reversed?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My past experiences with NM is that the AA miles posted in roughly 1 week. Saks took up to a month. Or do I have them reversed?
Thanks for the info. Would it be a week after I pick it up, or a week after I placed my order?

Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:59 am

Appears there's a "Back to School" promo running for up to 1500 bonus miles, but I can't find the T&C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.