Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking codes on aa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2009, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Booking codes on aa

Just wondering if someone could help me understand what the booking codes me on an airline. For example, I have a booking code N on American Airlines, can I still call to try to upgrade for the nominal fee? Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2009, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
The Flyertalk Wiki, accessible from the FAQ sticky for this forum will tell you everything you need to know about upgradeable inventory classes.

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...ility_%28AA%29
Old Dec 30, 2009, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Letsfly44
Just wondering if someone could help me understand what the booking codes me on an airline. For example, I have a booking code N on American Airlines, can I still call to try to upgrade for the nominal fee? Thanks
Depends on what you mean by "upgrade for the nominal fee". Do you mean upgrade with miles & co-pay? Or do you mean upgrading at the airport with load-based upgrades if they are offerred?

Best to read the stick located at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ere-first.html in the Upgrades section.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 7:10 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
What's your background. Are you an elite?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

No i am not elite. And Let me rephrase the question what would i need to do to make this n class ticket - first or bussiness class
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:17 pm

No i am not elite. And Let me rephrase the question what would i need to do to make this n class ticket - first or bussiness class
Pay the differnance between the fare u purchased and First or Business
or HOPE after the upgardes are done for Mileage, VIP's, EXP, Plats, Gold
they offer pay for upgrades at gate or check-in.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
What nominal fee?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Buy up, buy (miles +) or (Search for the thread) LFBU (Kiosk upgrade.)
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Is there a way for me to buy a upgrade now, Using miles, Or pay up for the upgrade. How would i do that. I see they have the 500 mile upgrade, Does this help me?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Did you read any of the information in the links provided in post #2 and #3?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is there a way for me to buy a upgrade now, Using miles, Or pay up for the upgrade. How would i do that. I see they have the 500 mile upgrade, Does this help me?
Hi, Letsfly44. Welcome to Flyertalk.

The answers to your questions are long and complex. Somebody has already gone to the time and trouble to type those answer out and post them, and members in this thread have been kind enough to point you to those answers. After you have read them, if you still have questions feel free to post those questions here and we will attempt to answer them.

While you are researching the answers to these questions, you will probably see a lot of other information that you can profitably use to enhance your flying on AA. Happy reading!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.